• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shortened Barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol vern

40 Cal.
Reaction score
had this bulged barrel so I cut off the damaged part re breached
it and made this can't call it a canoe gun how about a buggy trunk monkey?
50cal 17 in barrel

you "could" cut the butt off at the pistol grip, reshape the wood nice and smooth, heavy duty dragoon (ish) pistol.....

Another option might be to have a smith heat the end of the barrel and use a mandrel to slightly flare it. Not as massively flared as the currently offered blunderbuss muzzles, but enough to be noticed, and to help loading.

LD

About all I have done is make sure the lock worked and it was
safe to shoot with 50 gr. of fffg.

Haven't worked out a load or set the sights yet. Right now
I would say it shoots around minuet of barn door. :rotf:

I cut a White Mountain Carbine, down. The stock had a plaque or something on the butt, and someone used a screw driver to remove it, before pawning it. I rescued it and cut the barrel and stock and made it into a Mare's Leg, canoe gun, blanket gun, coach gun, or whatever you want to call it.

I have a .50 caliber with a 20" barrel and it's not bad on recoil or muzzle blast with a round ball over 80 grains of 2f. I wouldn't push it much over 75 yards though. I sight mine in an inch high at 50. You should still get 1400/1450 fps. out of the 17".

This one was put together with scrounged parts. Has a 16 inch 40 caliber 1:66 twist barrel. Fun to shoot and pretty accurate with 45 gr fffg goex.

vmry8l.jpg

Back