• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Short Video Dixie Mountain rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich427sw

32 Cal
Reaction score
I edited a quick video of firing a few shots with my old Dixie mountain rifle. This is the first time I’ve fired it with the new L&R replacement lock. Used some Davy Crockett music so hopefully it won’t get taken down. Thought you guys would enjoy it. - Rich

I have one in 32 cal. originally a cap lock, I converted over to flint, lock dropped right in makes it nice to be able to switch back and forth, I would like to find a 50 cal. lefty. good guns, and he!! on the tree rats.

My Dad bought a 50 cal one in the late 80’s or early 90’s and it was always hanging on the wall growing up. He still has it. I’d been looking for one of my own for years so I got this one when it popped up on gunbroker a couple years ago. Harder to find than you’d think. This is an early one with a 7/8” barrel. It’s a little bit slimmer than my dads. Think they only made them like that for a couple years. The lock was junk and the stock had a hairline when I got it. I repaired the crack best I could and replaced the lock with the L&R replacement.
I’d like to get a 32 someday.

I bought one for my wife. Got the left hand version. We haven't had any trouble with the original lock, so, no need to replace it.
However, I built a Pa. longrifle many years ago. It was my first build. I used a Dixie Gun Works lock. It was adequate but it needed to be replaced. I went to the L&R lock as a direct replacement for the DGW lock. Good spark from the new lock.

my dads DGW lock has been fine. The one in my rifle was in rough shape. Not worth messing with to me. I’m really happy with The L&R. It didn’t take much work to fit it.

I never have any luck with production guns. I have a Traditions Pennsylvania Rifle flintlock that I got brand new in 2006. Lock was never right. Traditions wouldn’t do anything for me. Called them and wrote multiple emails never amounted to anything. Ended up having a gunsmith friend work on it. Its good now. It’s been a great rifle other than the lock and the ramrod was garbage.

I edited a quick video of firing a few shots with my old Dixie mountain rifle. This is the first time I’ve fired it with the new L&R replacement lock. Used some Davy Crockett music so hopefully it won’t get taken down. Thought you guys would enjoy it. - Rich

Great job, brought a big smile and not long ago a watch the movies. Thanks for the time you put in

Back