• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Short and light

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lyman Deer Stalker may be a good choice with its 24 inch barrel. It comes in a left hand flintlock, 50cal with a 1:48 twist. They use to be made in a left hand 54cal flintlock and they are still out there occasionally. I got one last year new in the box. So that maybe an option, DANNY

I have a .40 with a 34" A-weight swamped barrel. That makes it the legal minimum for my state for deer, relatively light for a ML, and pretty easy to maneuver and carry. I was skeptical at first, but I absolutely live it now.

The kicker is that it was a random find made by a guy in WV. So, I'm thinking that especially for anything with a barrel less than that you'll have to go custom.

No hunting with the cannon? P'shaw! Fiddle sticks! Take a read at www.buckstix.com . He hunts deer with a 12 Pound Mountain Howitzer. Feral cats with a 24 pound mortar. There's your short barreled guns for you!

C'mon. Live a little. Napoleon said it best; "only thunderbolts can be preferred to artillery".
That was simply awesome!
SFH

My style of hunting is tracking. Walk until you find a large enough buck track then follow the track until you kill him or you run out of daylight. I know deer can be killed when sitting but it’s not my style.
If we don’t have snow I’m walking looking for deer sign to go back to when we get snow and try to find a track.

this is my buck from last year, I shot him in his bed 13 gps miles after I cut his track.
Screen name checks out!

Latest posts

Back