• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ShootingSight - Vision and Nipples

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Long time competitor and vendor for Service Rifle shooting, recently got a suggestion to get involved in the muzzle loader community.

My biggest likely contribution is vision correction. I studied optical physics as part of my engineering degree, and when I lost my near-vision at around 40 years old, and could not see my front sight, I realized that I could make 'reading glasses' with powers that were tuned for shooting, or I could tweek distance vision glasses for the same effect. Unlike an eye doctor (do you prefer A or B?), I approach the problem from a theoretical point of view, calculating focal points and depth of field for your front sight and target. I've only ever worked with one muzzle loader. He was on the National Team for paper patch, and set several national records, so I know the math applies. Trying to sign up to get a vendor spot at Friendship in a few weeks.

The second area is that my friend and I invented an improved percussion nipple (beer was involved), and it gives hotter and more reliable ignition. I'm completing testing, and will provide data to the community soon.

Art Neergaard

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back