• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Shooting with the Red River Renegades in Texas...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is the last of 4 videos I'm posting about participating in a Muzzleloading club. This one features some unusual shooting at the Red River Renegades muzzleloading club in northern Texas. I really enjoyed this adventure and probably going to another state somewhere in the midwest and try this again. Sit back and enjoy the fun you can have at one of these monthly club shoots:

Another great video. We all watch and enjoy these but Im sure it takes sometime to put these together.
Yes, it does. As an average, every minute of a video you watch takes roughly an hour to edit. For example, the above video is 10 minutes long. That means ...it take about 10 hours to edit it to make it and everyone on it look like they are having fun. That's what counts. I then watch them 8-10 times to ensure its a video worthy to post.
Thanks again for watching. I have some really wacky fun video coming soon.

What's the guy shooting at 5:24? Is that a Bess carbine or a full-size that's been cut down?

This is the last of 4 videos I'm posting about participating in a Muzzleloading club. This one features some unusual shooting at the Red River Renegades muzzleloading club in northern Texas. I really enjoyed this adventure and probably going to another state somewhere in the midwest and try this again. Sit back and enjoy the fun you can have at one of these monthly club shoots:

You fellows are having way to much fun! Wish I was there!

Im sorry I missed you. One of the founding members there helped me build my left hand Issac Haines early Lancaster. The Shotgun Soiree is 3 days of fun and fellowship, shooters from all over the US show up for it. I watched 2 great shooters using flintlock shotguns break 25 straight on the skeet range, and had to shoot off.
I'll get you a date for 2022.

Great Videos Mark. You can see that you put a lot of care and time in the makng and you can tell you Enjoy the Shooting to, You put the fun back into shooting with all these things sharing your blackpowder videos Cheers to you !

Yes, it does. As an average, every minute of a video you watch takes roughly an hour to edit. For example, the above video is 10 minutes long. That means ...it take about 10 hours to edit it to make it and everyone on it look like they are having fun. That's what counts. I then watch them 8-10 times to ensure its a video worthy to post.
Thanks again for watching. I have some really wacky fun video coming soon.
you are just the greatest! keep EM comming!! a while back you were unheard of now you are a go to guy! you do what some of us dream of. thank you, toot.

you are just the greatest! keep EM comming!! a while back you were unheard of now you are a go to guy! you do what some of us dream of. thank you, toot.
I love it...its a fun hobby. I have some neat fun stuff coming and filming more on a weekly basis. Mrs BPMS & I going to Pennsylvania in August and September to video more fun shooting with others. I can't wait!

Im sorry I missed you. One of the founding members there helped me build my left hand Issac Haines early Lancaster. The Shotgun Soiree is 3 days of fun and fellowship, shooters from all over the US show up for it. I watched 2 great shooters using flintlock shotguns break 25 straight on the skeet range, and had to shoot off.
I'll get you a date for 2022.
25 straight & a shoot off ??? That's exciting ! WOW, I'd be thrilled to hit 8-10 out of 25!!

One shooter was using an original French 20 bore flintlock with incredible carving on the stock.
The next day the first shooter broke 25, then the other broke over 20 birds before dropping one. Very exciting indeed.

I think i broke 16 of 25 on the trap range. There were shooters breaking 25 there as well.

I love it...its a fun hobby. I have some neat fun stuff coming and filming more on a weekly basis. Mrs BPMS & I going to Pennsylvania in August and September to video more fun shooting with others. I can't wait!
WOW! that is sure some miles you are putting on your old horse / vehicle. but you have to do it to make us all be there to all of the shoots you attend! do not stop. you have a following that hang on your every video!!

WOW! that is sure some miles you are putting on your old horse / vehicle. but you have to do it to make us all be there to all of the shoots you attend! do not stop. you have a following that hang on your every video!!
That's humbling my friend.
Yes...Mrs BPMS & I are going to PA near the Gettysburg area for a week and you know I'll just have to stop and find someone shoot to with while there. In September, we are going back to Franklin PA for the Abe's General Store's 2nd annual Pioneer Flats Shootout. I've built more targets and some tougher ones to shoot this year. If the weather is nice...I'm sure there will be 50-75+ shooters at this one. I love this stuff and can't wait to go back again....dragging the cameras and smoke poles with me altho way.

I'll be going to other areas around the midwest till its gets too cold for this o' boy to get out shooting. It doesn't take much for that to happen either....
I HATE cold weather! LOL

B P MANIAC, I live in NE, and at 77++,I dread to see it comming, but it is going to happen. cold hurts these old bones. watching your videos is like me being rite beside you on the line, and doing things that I have thought about many years ago. and have never done! and at this advanced age probably never will. so thanking you for the great videos that you post, give me a blurb when the next event's are posting when you get back from them. tell MRS, B P M S, we all love her. I'LL bet that she kicks your but sometimes? toot.

B P MANIAC, I live in NE, and at 77++,I dread to see it comming, but it is going to happen. cold hurts these old bones. watching your videos is like me being rite beside you on the line, and doing things that I have thought about many years ago. and have never done! and at this advanced age probably never will. so thanking you for the great videos that you post, give me a blurb when the next event's are posting when you get back from them. tell MRS, B P M S, we all love her. I'LL bet that she kicks your but sometimes? toot.
That's encouraging. Its what I try to do with all the videos...put you right there with me. I don't hit the targets very often. The viewers gets to see what I see, the hits AND the misses....
It is a fun hobby I wish I would have started years ago. I'm trying to "make up" for lost time now....LOL
Also....
Mrs BPMS keeps me on the "straight & narrow" path all the time. When she watches some of these videos before I post them......she will say:

"Are you actually going post that silly video??"
I tell her "Yep".
She just shakes her head and walks in the other room...LOL

MRS, BPMS, sounds a lot like my wife, after 46+yrs, I say yes dear, to SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED! they are always right, just ask them! all kidding aside I for one hang onto your every video & rewatch them. yes you don't sugar coat them, misses are misses, not edited out. no retake till you get a perfect shot! best, toot.

MRS, BPMS, sounds a lot like my wife, after 46+yrs, I say yes dear, to SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED! they are always right, just ask them! all kidding aside I for one hang onto your every video & rewatch them. yes you don't sugar coat them, misses are misses, not edited out. no retake till you get a perfect shot! best, toot.
Your wife & Mrs BPMS must be long lost sisters....LOL

Latest posts

Back