• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Shooting them with a pistol now!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I certainly don't mind the abundance of squirrels around my house but it gets under my skin a little when they don't even run off when I step outside. It's like they're questioning my hunting skills or just think I won't mess with them. Well, I decided to put a little fun into the situation and broke out my 62 caliber smoothbore pistol. I loaded it up with 45 grains of 3F powder and 3/4 oz. of #6 shot.

My house butts right up against the woods and there are several mulberry trees not too far from the porch. They are filled with targets this time of year and when one of them just wouldn't leave, I put a bead on his head and pulled the trigger. One more young-n-tender to add to the freezer!

G8WgsW9.jpg

snMkajr.jpg

Darren

Nice! About how close were you when you shot? With my 58 cal trade pistol, I gotta be around 10yrds or closer with shot.

Nice! About how close were you when you shot? With my 58 cal trade pistol, I gotta be around 10yrds or closer with shot.
I shot him at about 10 yards. That 12" barrel doesn't throw a very good pattern. I'd say 15 yards would be my maximum range with shot. 25 yards with a PRB, but that's only because of my poor shooting skills.

Darren

Here is Lone Watti... my .62 smoothie.
The squirrels that live around me are not much for table fair. Even my dog avoids putting them in his mouth unless they really need his help to lay still.
This Columbian fell to a roundball, fired from 10-15 yards, duelist style.
Lone Watti.jpeg

Good deal!! Nerd get me a big pistol like that. I hope we have some this year.! We had a big die off in etx n nwla lasy year. Biologist said was parvo n the 2 big freezes we arent use too killed them. Killed hogs n coons as well

Back