• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

shooting my jaeger,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
yesterday my wife took a photo of me shooting one of my 62 Jaeger flintlocks. 90 gr. of 2F ol eynsford and a PRB,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
me and flint.jpg

Rifleman1776, with all due respect I completely disagree about removing the picture. It’s a mistake that I’m sure we are all guilty of at least once, wether it be a can or a horn, I’m sure most of us have or will do it. It’s a great honest example of what to not do, and a clear visual example. Let’s all learn and stay safer as a result👍

I think the picture should stay.

Had it not been posted, many of you would not have commented on the dangers of overlooking small mistakes like leaving the top off of a container of powder.

Because some of you took the time to point out this error, new readers, new to muzzleloading will read what you wrote and learn from the experience. I'm sure they won't make the same mistake.

I too like the picture. It reminds me of the time I was at the range with my flinter and I also had a little film canister of BP sitting there open. When I pulled the trigger I was immediately engulfed in one really big cloud of smoke. The shooter next to me asked" is that supposed to happen"?... Quick in my response I said "yes" causing me no embarrassment at all. Well, that was on the outside, I felt like a complete donkeys @#$ on the inside. I still remember the smell of Burt eyebrows 😂

@olskool I didn't mean to get all that started when I made that comment, we've all made mistakes. I was just joking around with ya, Justin
no problem Justin, as far as people freaking out over a mistake and nothing actually happening, the comments don't bother me. just good to know people care,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :)

@olskool I didn't mean to get all that started when I made that comment, we've all made mistakes. I was just joking around with ya, Justin
We're all glad you did; we all screw up from time to time, and Olskool shared a beautiful picture of what we do, and in so doing, inspires us all to do better. Rather than detracting from his post, I believe you have enhanced it's validity to those of us who are new to the endeavor or find ourselves becoming lax in our safety practices.

no excuse but the can was almost empty, scraps of powder left. i am going to do another photo maybe today, i need to clear my 54. it has been loaded a couple of weeks cause i have been hunting with it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Back