• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Shooting Fun with the Tennessee Boys....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me three. It’s a two hour drive to the nearest muzzleloading group shoot for me. Yesterday I finally got a friend to come watch/shoot with me. He bought his first BP rifle this summer so I’m trying to get him more excited about using it.

My shooting bud got a BP rifle first. He tried several times to get me interested but I resisted. I finally gave in and bought a Cabelas .54 Hawken percussion gun and then fell hard and deep in the black powder hole. I am looking for a flint lock rifle now. Never owned one but have shot one before. I have owned probably 20 BP rifles so far. I did have a Lyman Trade Rifle flint lock but never shot it. I sold it on gunbroker and really regret doing that now. I sure wish I had it back.

It was not properly fitted. The tang was too deep in the stock and it made the barrel hard to go down in the stock. I raised the tang and filled the gap with Accra-Glas gel and that solved that problem. I repaired the gun then stupidly sold it. Live and learn right?

An hour and a half to the nearest club and they only shoot paper. Pretty much have to shoot by myself.

Earl and John (2 of the guys there) came by the house to shot this morning and we're talking about your video. Glad you got it recorded. Looks like all had fun. Keep posting more BP videos!
I was hoping everyone that was there has the opportunity to see it.
Plan on posting more fun videos.....when I come back, those pesky cameras will be coming with me again!

I really need to find these guys I now live in Mosheim Tennessee.
I need to go through my Muzzle blast and take a closer look!
Thanks for very entertaining vide!

I really need to find these guys I now live in Mosheim Tennessee.
I need to go through my Muzzle blast and take a closer look!
Thanks for very entertaining vide!
You are not too far away from those fellows.
If you are on Facebook, contact Dave Simerly.
He is the fellar I interviewed about his cool 66 caliber smoothbore.
Very nice laid back fellow...
Here is his FB contact:
https://www.facebook.com/david.simerly.12
Tell him the BPMS says"Hi"..

It's more than the sport it's the people who treat each other with respect and hold the values our fore fathers lived by deep in their hearts

Back