• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Shooting Fun with the Tennessee Boys....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
While my girls enjoyed a "pool" day in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee last Saturday,
I went to burn some black powder with a fun group of Tennessee shooters.
We went home with 1 hour and 40 minutes of video on 2 cameras.
Whew, I managed to get it edited down to 16 minutes.
Below is some of the fun, enjoy:

Me three. It’s a two hour drive to the nearest muzzleloading group shoot for me. Yesterday I finally got a friend to come watch/shoot with me. He bought his first BP rifle this summer so I’m trying to get him more excited about using it.
I've got a couple of friends who will come along from time to time. That is, as long as I provide all guns, powder, lead and then clean them all afterwards!

Me three. It’s a two hour drive to the nearest muzzleloading group shoot for me. Yesterday I finally got a friend to come watch/shoot with me. He bought his first BP rifle this summer so I’m trying to get him more excited about using it.
I was told there's a group in the next county over. It's a club sort of thing that I need to look into more. They don't advertise themselves, and I gotta finangle an invite somehow.

I do REALLY like how those Tennessee boys set up a camp and dressed the part. If I could get some fellers near me to speak up and do that sort of thing a few times a year it would be a dang hoot.

And in all honesty I'm probably not too far here in SW Virginia from where ol' @B P Maniac Shooter was having all that fun. Pigeon Forge is just over 3 hours for me.

I was told there's a group in the next county over. It's a club sort of thing that I need to look into more. They don't advertise themselves, and I gotta finangle an invite somehow.

I do REALLY like how those Tennessee boys set up a camp and dressed the part. If I could get some fellers near me to speak up and do that sort of thing a few times a year it would be a dang hoot.

And in all honesty I'm probably not too far here in SW Virginia from where ol' @B P Maniac Shooter was having all that fun. Pigeon Forge is just over 3 hours for me.
Whereabouts are you in SW Virginia? I'm in Wise.

Thats not too bad. Let's try to keep in touch and maybe we can meet up somewhere to shoot a little bit. Maybe even try to get a few more that may be interested in a meet. I'm waiting on my first flintlock to be delivered but have shot percussion in the past.

Mark you are one wild and crazy guy and fun to watch .I have never seen guys laugh and have so much fun. Thank You !

Thats not too bad. Let's try to keep in touch and maybe we can meet up somewhere to shoot a little bit. Maybe even try to get a few more that may be interested in a meet. I'm waiting on my first flintlock to be delivered but have shot percussion in the past.
I got enough backyard to have a pretty good time. Planning a couple rendezvous type weekends next year for a small group of people. Blackpowder, Trad Bow, tomahawk throwing, bonfires and guitars, meat smokin', camping, all that good stuff. Might even set up a trade tent for folks to buy and sell or trade things.

Any state ranges out your way? There's one over this way just off 77 where it goes through the 1st tunnel headed north. Hit it on the right day there's not many folks around. Haven't been over there in years and years. That'd be paper targets only though. I got a buddy from work lives up in Tazwell too. He might join in with us.

Last edited:
I got enough backyard to have a pretty good time. Planning a couple rendezvous type weekends next year for a small group of people. Blackpowder, Trad Bow, tomahawk throwing, bonfires and guitars, meat smokin', camping, all that good stuff. Might even set up a trade tent for folks to buy and sell or trade things.

Any state ranges out your way? There's one over this way just off 77 where it goes through the 1st tunnel headed north. Hit it on the right day there's not many folks around. Haven't been over there in years and years. That'd be paper targets only though. I got a buddy from work lives up in Tazwell too. He might join in with us.
No state ranges are near me, unfortunately. When I want to shoot I usually go to my cabin back in the mountains which takes about an hour to get there from home. When you know the dates for your rendezvous, give me a shout and I'll try to make the trip if I'm able health wise. Sounds like you have a good place to shoot.

Well that was a HOOT, Mark. Hmmm...But all that laughing? Well, I've never laughed in my life; except for the two times I was accused of sniggering of course.

Back