Shooting bag.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

andy52

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I just finished up this bag for a friend's grandson who's just getting into muzzleloading. Figured he might as well have a decent bag to start with I included a horn and short starting along with it.
I made it with sinch straps so it's adjustable in lenght. The young man is only 15 and I don't how much more he'll grow so I didn't fit it to his actual height. I used two short straps on the horn attached to the main strap with copper rings and sinch leather. The bag has three compartments, one main and two smaller ones. The flap has a hunter star wool inlet and all the edges are piped (edged).

Attachments

DOUBLEDEUCE 1

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Very nice ! I’m sure the young gentleman will appreciate the bag, and get many years of service from it. :thumb:

Pietro

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Nice work, and for a fortunate young man who may not yet recognize the quality of the work. :)

andy52

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Nice work, and for a fortunate young man who may not yet recognize the quality of the work. :)
He hasn't seen the bag yet but I'll give you a idea of what this young person is like. His grandfather and I put on a kids fishing tournament when he was about 6 or 7 and he won first place. I had donated a Fenwick rod and reel for the first place winner he still has it hanging on the wall in his bedroom. I don't think he'll just hang the bag on the wall because at 15 he really likes to shoot and will enjoy the bag and the muzzleloader his grandfather got for him.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I gave a bag too a younger shooter a few years back, he ask me what he owed me I told him too use the bag and every once in a while when in the mountains long after I am gone to remember where it came from, take care of it and when you can no longer stomp the high ground pass it on too a young shooter with the same instructions. For we shall never die as long as we are remembered.

necchi

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Nod Spence,, well, I'm watchin the fire from a distance, not too sure if I wanna walk in an ask for a cuppa` coffee yet, ;)

Last edited: