• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Shooting Accessory Wallet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When out on a ramble, there are a few items that I feel are prudent to carry in a shot pouch but that are only needed once in a while, if at all. Most of the time I only need round ball and patches. Nonetheless, at least in my pouch, everything else I am carrying ends up in a jumble in the bottom of the bag or at the bottom of the extra interior pocket. This inevitably leads to a lot of fumbling for whatever I need next. So, I made this leather wallet to hold all those "I might need" items. Easy to get to if I need a worm or a jag or a sewing kit, but not in my way when I am just fishing for patches and shot. The wallet holds, from left to right, a sewing kit in a brass tube, a "Gunner's Mate" shooting tool of my design (sort of a "Swiss Army Knife" for muzzle loading shooters), a vent pick / awl with a brass scabbard, a very small oil bottle, a pan brush, and some spare jags for other calibers. There are small pockets for 4 spare flints. The wallet is also very convenient if I do not take a pouch along for a short walk and just slip this into a coat pocket along with a loading block and a very small day horn.

I don't do much leather work and I didn't want this wallet to fall apart too soon, so I made it out of kangaroo leather which is several times stronger than either cow or goat hide. It is a beautiful supple leather to work and it is often used for high quality bull whips due to its very high strength.

Back