• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shooting 69cal minnieballs out of rifled 12ga shotgun a sabots using regular plastic 12ga wads on youtube

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

preventec47

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I just watched a youtube video of a guy sucessfully shooting ( accurate at high fps velocity ) these heavy bullets. The only thing he had to do was
fill the recess in the bullet with glue so the shotgun wad would not be pushed into the bullet destroying the gas check function. I dont see why
this setup could not be muzzle loaded if you had one of those metal adapters that hold the primer like a shotgun cartridge would and allow loading
from the muzzle.of the components needed.

I just watched a youtube video of a guy sucessfully shooting ( accurate at high fps velocity ) these heavy bullets. The only thing he had to do was
fill the recess in the bullet with glue so the shotgun wad would not be pushed into the bullet destroying the gas check function. I dont see why
this setup could not be muzzle loaded if you had one of those metal adapters that hold the primer like a shotgun cartridge would and allow loading
from the muzzle.of the components needed.
Are you talking about firing these out of traditional muzzlelloaders or modern in-lines?

Why do it when you can shoot an actual rifle musket in 69cal?

Are you talking about firing these out of traditional muzzlelloaders or modern in-lines?
HE WAS USING A REGULAR BREAK BARREL 12 ga Shotgun and using a 69cal minnie ball instead of slug in the cartridge.

HE WAS USING A REGULAR BREAK BARREL 12 ga Shotgun and using a 69cal minnie ball instead of slug in the cartridge.
While that is interesting this site only deals with traditional muzzleloaders up to 1865, no cartridge guns, no break opens, no plastic, etc. Those are the rules the owner set. That said there is the modern muzzleloading sister site where all of that is not only allowed but also welcome. Not saying we want you to go away or that there may not be some interest just per the rules we have to stick within the parameters the owner has set.

Modern Muzzleloader

One day, a extraterrestrial world will receive these you tube videos through the vastness of space..... then they will decide we are too stupid to live....

One day, a extraterrestrial world will receive these you tube videos through the vastness of space..... then they will decide we are too stupid to live....
Why do you think I'm here?

R2c42f14f481b807342acfa5efe521e35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back