• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Shootin' Contest Round 9... Old Guys Death Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now Jethro, you shouldn't keep us old guys waitin. Never know what could happen. The suspense alone could kill us.

Well good luck to MM56 and JimOH. "It's been some party." :grin:

GW

:haha: TG is an old guy too. Ya never know how long it might take him to get the announcin' done.
There's a reason tho. Just wait.

Boy Jethro, you're killin us "Old Guys". Gee, this sure has been a ride, regardless how it turns out, it was fun. :v Ok TG, let us know 'fore one of us "Old Guys" crokes.
See ya, Jim/OH

Congratulations gentlemen and the other 95% of the forum also, I am posting the final results for a reason that will become obvious, My fusil and I fell by the wayside quite early but a bye got us through at least a round or two.This has been an interesting contest and hopefully we can do it or something similar in the future,this forum has a great bunch of guys and holds a lot of promise in helping keep the tradition alive, well enough of my ramblibg let's get to the results.

#1 GW with a .406" score.

#2 Mountain Man56 with a 1.567" score.

#3 JimOhio with a 1.657 score.

Nice shooting guys and there was a lot of very good shooting all the way through the contest, and some nice scores from those old type guns that don't shoot straight and are almost impossible to clean...

Now for the reason I am here, I am donating the knife and sheath pictured below to the first place winner, it is an old buthcher knife with a 10" blade tang tapers both ways with 5 small pins, a couple of folks have said it is early 19th century it may be newer or older, a good project for GW to research, the sheath is a tucked in the belt or sash type of Elk rawhide with a Racoon skin cover and some red glass beads on the BT lacing that holds it together, I hope you will enjoy it or make use of it as trading stock, whatever you wish.Once again thanks to all who participated this forum and events like this will go a long ways toward "keeping Tradition Alive" keep up the good work guys. TG
GW Please PM me with a mailing address if you will so I can send the knife to you

P1070005.jpg

Wow tg....that is very cool! :bow: Man I guess I shoulda aimed a little more careful.

Jim/OH we shot the same score...just had the numbers mixed up!

Congrats GW..... :hatsoff: I guess it's safe now to give you one more look.

Ringgirl.jpg

This has been nuthin but fun. A big thanks to Jethro for all the time and effort he put into this and also to everybody who participated.

tg, that's a stand up thing to do and that knife is a beauty :thumbsup:
Congrats GW . :thumbsup: Ya outshot and outlasted the rest of us.
I had a great time participating in this contest and went up against some pretty good shots. :bow:
Best part was, I looked forward to shooting in the rounds I lasted and was another good excuse to get out and make smoke.

Can't wait for next Year's contest.
Maybe Old Guys vs Young? :hmm: :haha:
Again Congrats! :hatsoff:

:thumbsup: Congrats
I don't feel so bad now that you killed me :rotf:

:hmm: should have some Swampy's bear oil on its way too.... well unless Jethro drank it :haha:

Guys, thanks for the kind words. I'm really amazed that I actually won this thing. Some really good shooters out there. Got lucky with byes and when I shot bad my opponents did too. Really got lucky with my last shot.

It's been a great contest. It's got me out shootin more. I'm sure Jethro is ready for it to end.

TG, that is a kewl knife. No way I'm gonna trade it off. I'll be wearin it to future rendezvous fer sure. :thumbsup: GW

Almost forgot. Hey Swampy, thanks for the Bear Squeezins. :thumbsup: Eh, that is if Jethro hasn't polished it off. :hmm: GW

Looks like we have a west coast winner, maybe those guys back east should spend more practice time and less time counting every point on a rack :wink:

Boy oh boy, what a contest. Congratulations GW, ya done good. :bow: And with a pistol at that-I think I shot 3 or four of the matches with pistol too. Be nice if we could get together to make some smoke. :thumbsup: Also congrats to Mountainman56 also. You gave us all quite a run for our money. I noticed how the numbers were mixed up, but you beat me fair and square. :surrender: Also that fine knife from TG was a wonderful surprise, I'm sure GW will be proud to own it. :hatsoff: Thanks to all who participated (makeing it a real fun event over several months) and especially to Jethro for headin up the thing. A lot of work for sure, thank you. :applause:
See ya, Jim/OH

Grey Whiskers said:
tg said:
Looks like we have a west coast winner, maybe those guys back east should spend more practice time and less time counting every point on a rack :wink:

:rotf: :rotf:

Yeah, yeah. :yakyak: :yakyak: :yakyak:
We all know you westerners don't count all the points 'cause you'd hafta take yer moccasins off every time ya shot a big buck just to do the math. :haha:

Grats to GW on the big win! :hatsoff:
Grats to all 3 of you for going the distance as long as you did. :hatsoff:
And thanks to everybody who participated. :thumbsup:

I had lots of fun running the contest besides shooting in it. Got to know a few of you guys better along the way too.

Some of you guys will remember when Musketman used to run contests. Some of you new guys missed out. Anyway, Musketman has been giving me a few ideas for some new contests. Get ready for some more fun. :)

jethro224 said:
Some of you guys will remember when Musketman used to run contests. Some of you new guys missed out. Anyway, Musketman has been giving me a few ideas for some new contests. Get ready for some more fun. :)

iknownothing.jpg

Back