• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shootin' Contest Round 9... Old Guys Death Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Round 9, This one's for all the marbles!

OK, here's the deal; Jim/OH was finally able to give MM56 a flesh wound in round 8, but GW wasn't able to put him out of his misery (2 misses = a tie), so everybody left in the contest has one elimination. Sooooo, we're gonna have a straight 3-way shoot-off.

Mountainman56 vs. Grey Whiskers vs. Jim/OH winner takes all. One shot each, closest to center wins the match AND the contest AND that bottle of Swampy's bear squeezin's. Unless of course they all 3 miss due to Musketman blindin' everybody who looked at the round 8 thread... :rotf:

Good Luck! :hatsoff:

Maybe we should add a new rule for round 9. :hmm: Any misses are automatically eliminated. However, at the rate these guys are going, maybe we should enlarge the size of the paper to ensure we get a winner! :rotf: Instead of 8 1/2 X 11 inches, we change it to 8 1/2 X 11 FEET! :blah:

Yeah, now that you and Musketman scorched everybody's eyeballs. :barf: :barf: :barf: :haha:

jethro224 said:
Yeah, now that you and Musketman scorched everybody's eyeballs. :barf: :barf: :barf: :haha:

Good point. I was going to shoot my target this week as I'll be gone on the weekend but I'm not sure how soon I can schedule a retina transplant. :haha:

By the way.....where's RC? I guess he must be out hunting cause there's too much good material here for him to pass up. :wink:

Good luck to Grey Whiskers and Jim/OH. No matter who wins we've already proved that OLD GUYS RULE!

That's right Mountainman56. We've done good so far, :v even if there is an occasional "Senior Moment" where the paper is missed. :cursing: It's pretty cold here in Ohio, hope for a day a little warmer than freezing so these "ol bones" can get outside and touch off a shot. :grin:
we'll all give er one more shot and see who's left standing after the smoke clears. :thumbsup:

Take care, see ya, Jim/OH :wink:

Not sure when I can get out again. Hopefully there will be no ring-girl to distract (blind) me. Either way it goes, I'm glad to be shot at by a good bunch of guys like JimOH and MM56. :thumbsup: GreyWhiskers

Didn't they make a movie about this. I think it was "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly". So whose the ugly one?

selma.gif

:grin: Hey Blahman! it's a good thing Mrs. Soggy don't know where Blahville is , she'd come down there and whop your arse.. :wink: .............. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Fine job GW. I haven't had a chance yet. Too darned cold today (about 25 degrees this morning). Maybe Friday or Saturday. Just cause you shot it with a pistol doesn't mean you did bad. I have shot 4 of these matches with pistol or revolver, and only one was really not very good. :v And that one was when Mountainman56 beat me the last time. :hmm: So Mountainman, I thing GW is trying to catch us unawares. He probably drilled it with that pistol and is trying to throw us off. Don't give in, bear down and don't get caught off guard. :thumbsup:

See ya, Jim/OH :v

Jim,

Well considerin the last two shots with my rifle were purty bad I figgur anything on the paper is good. :thumbsup:

Temps have been in the high 70's here so maybe you should come to CA and shoot. I gotta warn ya tho, there's not much else to do in beautiful, downtown Winton. GW

Well GW, I think I could handle your temps ok. :thumbsup: Right now there is snow on the ground here. I watched a guy wreck his pickup this morning on the icey road when I was going into town to get a haircut. I stopped and asked him if he was ok, said he was alright, but his truck wasn't. Mashed up the right front pretty bad. Trougle is, it is a long way for my old van to make it to CA for that weather, so I'll just have to get by here. May go rabbit huntin if this snow stays on, easier to see them. Load up the old double barrel muzzleloader and give em a try. We'll get this shootin match finished up soon though. Bout time, been doin it since spring. :hmm:

See ya, Jim/OH

OK MountainMan56, it's all up to you now.
Both them other old geezers managed to hit paper. :haha: Not too awful far off center neither. Draw a fine bead and let 'er rip.

Well here I am suckin the hind teat. Guess I'd better get out this week and shoot. Been goofin off....spent 3 days on the weekend of the 15th bouncin around Big Bend and Telingua. Shut my phone off in Alpine and took my watch off in Terlingua. This weekend I had company so we drank beer and went back to Terlingua, Alpine, Fort Davis, Big Bend. It's been just awful.

101_0529.jpg

Paybacks are hell though. It's certainly Monday. I'm down in my back and gimpin around like I'm a hundred and eleventeen years old. (must be that old guy thing huh?) Anyhow I reckon I can hold a rifle so I'd best get out and put them guys out of their misery. :haha:

Okay guys I got-r-done.....even hit the paper. Used my Pietta .44 this time around. Guess we'll find out soon enough which "Old Guy Rules"

Good luck to ya both. :thumbsup:

Kewl! It's all over but the braggin'/cryin'. Grats to all 3 of you guys for going the distance!
I ain't gonna tell ya yet who won tho. :haha:
We have a special guest announcer for the final score. Look for a post from TG. :hatsoff:

Congrats to the Winner!, Whoever it may be.
I thought them old guys forgot they had to shoot. :rotf:

Latest posts

Back