• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Shootin' Contest Round 8... could be the last one???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Round 8 Matches

Since Mountainman56 has made it this far without so much as a scratch (grats Mountainman56! :hatsoff: ), we have decided to throw in a twist for this round rather than drawing another bye. Here's the matches;

Mountainman56 vs GW
Mountainman56 vs Jim/OH

Each contestant will shoot one target. We'll use Mountainman56's score twice.
If Mountainman56 beats 'em both, he wins the whole shootin' match.
If they both beat Mountainman56, he's done for and the other 2 guys shoot it out.
If Mountainman56 beats one and the other beats him, then Mountainman56 shoots against the guy who beats him this round.
Either this is it or we go one more round.
Good luck boys! :hatsoff:
Fire when ready!

ps. Don't forget, the grand prize of a bottle of Swamp Rat's bear oil is waitin' to be sent to the winner. :thumbsup:

Hey GW and Jim/OH, I mentioned this to Jethro the other day and I'm wondering if either of you have noticed. For one thing there ain't nuthin but "Old Guys" left (course some of us are a LOT older that others) :rotf: . According to the available information GW and I are twins (from different mothers), Jim/OH's birthday is a few days later but we're all born in July......just a little FYI

OldGuys.jpg

Especially Old Guys born in July!

Mountainman56 said:
GW and I are twins

MM56 you wouldn't be braggin bout that if you'd seen a picture of me. :hmm:

Especially Old Guys born in July!

You may be onta something. Maybe the planets were lined up just right fer a bunch of sharpshooters like us.

Good luck in the next round. GW

You're right Mountainman 56. Us "Old" guys have ended up on top of the heap. Those "Young Bucks" better sit up and take notice. :thumbsup: Good luck to both of you (but I hope I win). :grin: However it turns out, it has been a real blast doing this one shot match all summer. So here we go, see ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Jim/OH said:
You're right Mountainman 56. Us "Old" guys have ended up on top of the heap. Those "Young Bucks" better sit up and take notice. :thumbsup:

:hmm: Sounds like a challenge...

Might hafta do an "Old Guys vs Young Guys" contest. 50 and up vs. 49 and down??? Add 'em all from each group together for the averages??? 'Course, we'll probly hafta wait until springtime so you old guys can get out to shoot without yer joints stiffenin' up too bad to pull the trigger. :rotf:

(I usta think I was gettin' old... until I signed on to this forum. Now I'm young again. :grin: )

:grin: One good thing about being an "old guy" is;.............there ain't much left to learn the hard way!...... :grin:

jethro224 said:
Jim/OH said:
You're right Mountainman 56. Us "Old" guys have ended up on top of the heap. Those "Young Bucks" better sit up and take notice. :thumbsup:

:hmm: Sounds like a challenge...

Might hafta do an "Old Guys vs Young Guys" contest. 50 and up vs. 49 and down??? Add 'em all from each group together for the averages??? 'Course, we'll probly hafta wait until springtime so you old guys can get out to shoot without yer joints stiffenin' up too bad to pull the trigger. :rotf:

(I usta think I was gettin' old... until I signed on to this forum. Now I'm young again. :grin: )

I'm in.....The good thing about the "Old Guys" shooting against the youngsters is we can't lose. Even if they outshoot us what are they going to brag about? "Hey we outshot a bunch of old guys with bad eyesight and parkinsons?" :rotf: :rotf: On the other hand if we win........... :haha:

Grey Whiskers and Jim/OH, I'm going to take my shot this weekend. While I'm at it I think I'll shoot a few different weapons in the 3 shot contest.

Hey Gw and Jim/OH...no pressure this round. I guess old Mabel was mad at me for leavin her standin in the corner for a month. Up and gave me a hang fire. Haven't had one of them since last year with pyrodex. Snap..........bang. Man I hate when that happens. Just so you know my windage was perfect. My elevation was just 1/2" off.........below the bottom of the paper that is. Real purdy hole on a brand new backboard. The worst part was I had a witness. :nono: Hey Grey Whiskers, all ya gotta do is hit the paper to get rid of the old mountainman for good. Don't choke now.

Try not to cut is as close as you did last time. :rotf:

The rest of you dead guys put a bunch more beer in the cooler. There's likely to be a dry old West Texas prairie dog comin down to visit. I'll be the only one what got wounded and killed in the same round. :shake:

Mountainman56 said:
Hey Grey Whiskers, all ya gotta do is hit the paper

Oh no. Here we go again. A gutter-ball in the making. :hmm:

Well I'll try to get out an shoot this weekend. Good luck to ya, MM.

Hey Mountain Man, you sure you didn't have one eye on that ring girl when ya pulled the trigger?
:wink:

Mountainman56 said:
The rest of you dead guys put a bunch more beer in the cooler. There's likely to be a dry old West Texas prairie dog comin down to visit. I'll be the only one what got wounded and killed in the same round. :shake:

:thumbsup: :hmm: :hmm: You'd better bring some with!!! :haha:

Grey Whiskers said:
Mountainman56 said:
Hey Grey Whiskers, all ya gotta do is hit the paper

Oh no. Here we go again. A gutter-ball in the making. :hmm:

Well I'll try to get out an shoot this weekend. Good luck to ya, MM.

Hey Mountain Man, you sure you didn't have one eye on that ring girl when ya pulled the trigger?
:wink:

Could be trying to cipher out how long them legs were had me confused. :confused:

Roy if you put a shopping list together I'll bring it all along. The beer and ice part I can figure myself. :haha:

Shopping List;

1. The Ring Girl.
2. Plenty of whatever she likes to drink.
3. More beer & ice.

:grin:

jethro224 said:
Shopping List;

1. The Ring Girl.
3. More beer & ice.

Works for me :thumbsup:

jethro224 said:
Shopping List;

1. The Ring Girl.
3. More beer & ice.

Dang it's kinda like I'll be missin out iffin I hit the target. :hmm: GW

NEWS FLASH!!!

MOUNTAIN MAN 56 IS STILL BREATHIN! :shocked2:

Well I guess I need to check the sights on my rifle. This one landed about a half inch higher than the last one that just barely hit the top edge of the paper. I'll leave it to Jethro to sort this mess out. :hmm: GW

Mountainman56 said:
Got the ring girl on my side.

Ringgirl.jpg

How come I never had a ring girl when I ran the shootin contest! All I ever got was Stumpkiller in his Aunt Birtha's goin' to town dress after a hard night of drinking. :rotf:

mcup169_gallery__266x400.jpg

AAARRRGGGHHH! My eye's!!!!!

Now ya went and done it Musketman. These guys still ain't done shootin'. How are they gonna hit anything now that we're all blind? :rotf:

Latest posts

Back