• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shootin' Contest Round 5 August

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim/OH said:
Boy Jethro, sounds like Mountainman 56 is after me. Have to look and see if I'm leakin red anywhere. Maybe the first of the week I can take a shot back and defend myself.

Last month was the battle of the Old Armies. Is this one gonna be a sea battle with the old Navies?

jethro224 said:
flaming canvas 0.548"..............bucktales 1.785"

Come on down and get ya a cold one bucktales. :wink:

:shocked2: Even the european trainig camp didn´t help? :wink:

Now, that´s really sad.. :(

romeoh said:
jethro224 said:
flaming canvas 0.548"..............bucktales 1.785"

Come on down and get ya a cold one bucktales. :wink:

:shocked2: Even the european trainig camp didn´t help? :wink:

Now, that´s really sad.. :(

I think my Euro training worked in reverse. Too much food and "adult beverages" got me distracted. :rotf:

Yes Jethro, sounds like a battle of the .36 cal. revolvers. Mine is a Remington sytle .36 as opposed to a Colt style, but that is what I got, so that is what I'll shoot, probably sometime this week. We'll see how that works out. See ya, :thumbsup:

Actually Jim/OH I used an 1851 Confederate Navy style revolver with the brass frame in .44 cal. but I SHOULD have used my Remington .36......even thought the front sight is busted. :shake:

Of course my pistol is just one of those eye-talian replicas. That must be why I shot rather poorly......yeah, that's it!

Can anybody tell me, did Colt even really make a 1851 in .44 calibre?

Can anybody tell me, did Colt even really make a 1851 in .44 calibre?

Navy caliber was .36. Army caliber was .44. The 1851 Navies in .44 caliber are something the Italians came up with by combining the .44 Army frame, a Navy grip and a modified Navy barrel.

So the 1851 was a .36. The 1860 was a .44 and the 1861 was a .36? Was the idea of a brass framed 1851 really a Confederate copy of a Colt?

Of course the Walker and the Dragoon were .44's

Is this the same contest that started back in March? If so, when does it end? (or does it) :haha:

Same contest that has been going for 5 months.

Down to 8 or so of us and at least a couple of months to go till it's settled.

Like Duncan MacLeod says, There can be only one.

Yep. It'll be over when the smoke clears and there's just one guy left standin'.

It is a double-elimination contest and we started out with over 40 shooters. Was a lot bigger than I had planned. :shocked2: And the members here are hard to kill. And ya gotta kill 'em all twice!

We're gettin' down to the nitty-gritty now tho. :thumbsup:

I have a different contest going on right now if yer wantin' to try yer luck. It's just a one-monther. And it's over when Labor Day is over. Get in it if ya want. :hatsoff:

OK,I hate to do this but I must forfeit the final shot.There is no way I can make it to the range before Sept 1.Halftail, :hatsoff: you win! :surrender:

Good shootin' HFD60. I tried to be a challange for ya, but I tossed one a bit south that time. :rotf:

Guess I'm comin' down to drink the warm beer and look at the ugly cheerleaders n' all. Scoot over a bit, fellers.

Well 410-er, Thanks for playin'. And grats for lasting this long. :hatsoff:

fat jack, RC, and PeteD, it's up to you guys now.

Up to the minute results!

Fresh Meat Bracket;

Still Healthy......................Wounded
Mountainman56......................Bye
Jim/OH 1.315"......................GW 1.500"

Wounded Bracket;

Wounded............................Dead
HFD60 1.040"......................Plink 4.110"
flaming canvas 0.548"...........bucktales 1.785"
Halftail 1.625"..................410-er:surrender:

Plink said:
Guess I'm comin' down to drink the warm beer and look at the ugly cheerleaders n' all. Scoot over a bit, fellers.

Come on down, Plink.
It ain't too bad down here. :haha:

Geeze 410er....I was kinda hopeing you'd put me outta my misery..Too bad you couldn't have shot :v

""Come on down, Plink.
It ain't too bad down here.""
Nope its not bad at all, They let us stay up at night late as we want and watch dirty movies,but the hot beer, you'll get used to that :shocked2:

RickyD

Weatherford sure is a pretty town. Drove through there on the way back from Kansas a couple of years ago. That church on top of the hill is really a sight to see.

My hunting season starts Monday for doves and geese.I want to get as much as I can done around the house (repointing wall) because when hunting seasons here all else takes the back seat.Rifles must be zeroed the middle of the month.October the games begin!

Latest posts

Back