• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shootin' Contest Round 4 July

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roy said:
:hmm: now that I'm dead... I think its about time for predictions and side bets... :haha: :grin:
I predict that R/C will set his beard afire with that new rifle!!...... :grin: :grin:

soggy said:
Roy said:
:hmm: now that I'm dead... I think its about time for predictions and side bets... :haha: :grin:
I predict that R/C will set his beard afire with that new rifle!!...... :grin: :grin:
:hmm: .............
sAng_explosive.gif

tg said:
" now that I'm dead... I think its about time for predictions and side bets'

My money is on the guys with rifles...
The way this contest is going, I wouldn't count anybody out.

tg said:
Is everyone useing the same gun for each round? I don't recall if this was one of the rules in the begining, I picked my favorite and will stick with it just for that reason.

I've been using the same rifle so far. A slow twist percussion Austin & Halleck Mountain Rifle. I hadn't had much time for shooting for a while and hadn't really had a chance to spend much time with the Austin & Hallecks. It's been nice to get some time in with them. I may switch to the flinter this round, or use the T/C Patriot pistol. Not sure yet.

Plink said:
tg said:
Is everyone useing the same gun for each round? I don't recall if this was one of the rules in the begining, I picked my favorite and will stick with it just for that reason.

I've been using the same rifle so far. A slow twist percussion Austin & Halleck Mountain Rifle. I hadn't had much time for shooting for a while and hadn't really had a chance to spend much time with the Austin & Hallecks. It's been nice to get some time in with them. I may switch to the flinter this round, or use the T/C Patriot pistol. Not sure yet.

maybe I should have :haha:

Roy said:
Plink said:
tg said:

maybe I should have :haha:
gee dead guy...ya think??????????

hiney site? :rotf: hey,actually ya done real good! all new guns..... ya done good...(yer still dead but, ya done good,,,,,, :thumbsup:

Hey Mountainman!
While you guys was a whoopin it up down there on the 4th I took my shot at ye!Tried to disguise it as a fireworks display.....I got to post it up but it aint pretty :grin:

I just couldn't stand it. Once I got to thinking about shootin my target I just had to go do it. It's on its way right now. Lets see.....maybe about 2800 miles as the crow flies, 14,784,000 feet, 1700 fps........should take around 2.41 hours to get there. I shot at 11:45 Central time so watch out around 2:10.

not good..i'd bet he's shinglin a roof...you'll probably shoot under him......maybe you'll take out the lader..does that count???

RC said:
not good..i'd bet he's shinglin a roof...you'll probably shoot under him......maybe you'll take out the lader..does that count???

Ha-Ha!
RC's right...(For a change) :grin:
I was on a roof,25 feet up to the Facia Board and another 12 feet to the Peak.I heard a clink...thought it was my Buddy dropped his Hammer and it was what went through their window :redface: How My gonna splain thet one Mountainman? :grin:

Halftail said:
RC said:

Ha-Ha!
I was on a roof,25 feet up to the Facia Board and another 12 feet to the Peak.I heard a clink...thought it was my Buddy dropped his Hammer and it was what went through their window :redface: How My gonna splain thet one Mountainman? :grin:
damn! you heerd mountainman's hammer fall all the way down there in texas? holy smokes.. :shocked2:

Everything's big in Texas, I guess that goes for hammers too! :wink:

RC said:
Halftail said:
RC said:

Ha-Ha!
damn! you heerd mountainman's hammer fall all the way down there in texas? holy smokes.. :shocked2:

:grin: :rotf:
I can't get one by ya Arzee! :rotf:

hey halftail! wouldn't ya think as long as ole soggy 's been..um.. deceased... the smell would be really bad! :shocked2: but seems not so? :confused: :confused: :confused: any idea why??? :confused:

RC said:
hey halftail! wouldn't ya think as long as ole soggy 's been..um.. deceased... the smell would be really bad! :shocked2: but seems not so? :confused: :confused: :confused: any idea why??? :confused:

:confused: :confused: :confused: I dunno RC :confused: :confused:
Instead of the Decomposition smell.....He smells kinda like ....... :rotf: Potporrie
:rotf: :rotf:
Must be a new Cologne :rotf:

OK, we got a completed match. Halftail and Mountainman56 get the honors this round.

Fresh Meat Bracket:

Still Healthy .................... Wounded
Mountainman56 1.218" ...... Halftail 2.250"

:hatsoff:

Back