• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shootin' Contest Round 4 July

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fat jack said:
No but my great grandad was!! His dad was a fisherman, he was jack of all trades. :thumbsup:
:hmm: Interesting Fat Jack. Any idea what part of Nova Scotia he was from? How about a sir name ; sometimes we can tell what area of the province a family is from by their last name.
Soggy ( A born and bred " BLUE NOSER")

I guess that doesn't narrow it down much; I just checked and the population of Halifax is now 270,000+, not sure what it would have been back then, but it's for sure that it was fairly large even then. As for the sir name, I'm not familar with Macky, there's a lot of MacKays throughout the province(Scottish settlers)

Is everyone useing the same gun for each round? I don't recall if this was one of the rules in the begining, I picked my favorite and will stick with it just for that reason.I thought about borrowing a rifle but decided to stay the course with the smoothbore, sounds funny to borrow a rifle when I had 7 or 8 of them 5 years ago.

Ya, your Right it was change when he came to the states. He was one of them illegals, ended up in Bishop Calif. gold and copper mining. Moved over the hills into Vally and went to work driving stage for Wells Fargo in about the year 1895.

tg said:
Is everyone useing the same gun for each round? I don't recall if this was one of the rules in the begining, I picked my favorite and will stick with it just for that reason.I thought about borrowing a rifle but decided to stay the course with the smoothbore, sounds funny to borrow a rifle when I had 7 or 8 of them 5 years ago.

I was going to use my GPR for as long as I lasted but as a fluke I decided to use that little WMC last round. Haven't shot it in a couple of years and lucked out with a near bullseye.
I'll go back to the GPR for the rest of the contest.(watch, I'll probably get bumped off now) :nono:

grzrob said:
Jethro can attest I am a fellow who likes lunch ( he ain't ever seen me eat but he see ME! ) So I asked these fellows if I can play...can you believe the guys would not let me play... :thumbsup:

I BELIEVE! :2

:haha:

tg said:

I'm using a 22 this time :blah:

tn_pvc_carriage01.jpg

I figure if I can lift enough cans of adult beverages I can build up the strength to get this up to my shoulder...or get my shoulder down underneath it...

mykeal said:
tn_pvc_carriage01.jpg

I figure if I can lift enough cans of adult beverages I can build up the strength to get this up to my shoulder...or get my shoulder down underneath it...
an the trigger pull on that puppy is WHAT? :rotf:

RC said:
mykeal said:
tn_pvc_carriage01.jpg

an the trigger pull on that puppy is WHAT? :rotf:
Don't matter. You ain't gonna pull it off the sightline. Bad part about shooting it offhand is the six months of recovery from the reconstructive surgery.

Oh great, he sits out the last round with a bye, then when its time to shoot against me he drags out a *&%*(^ CANNON.

:hmm: now that I'm dead... I think its about time for predictions and side bets... :haha: :grin:

Roy said:
:hmm: now that I'm dead... I think its about time for predictions and side bets... :haha: :grin:

:hmm: How did they call us, Living Dead :hmm: Walking Dead :hmm:

or

Ghost Rider
ghostrider_02_1024x768.jpg

How i love this bike
hellcycleexclusive.jpg

:hatsoff:

" now that I'm dead... I think its about time for predictions and side bets'

My money is on the guys with rifles...

Latest posts

Back