• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shooters love old-school style muzzle loaders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got to make some smoke for the first time in a long while, last Saturday, when I, and a few others, was invited to a friend’s farm. There were quite a lot of (exotic) unmentionable (modern) firearms there, but the interesting thing is that the most popular firearms there that day, that everyone wanted to take a turn shooting, was a friend’s .58 British Enfield, my .44 Kentucky, and my .54 Pedersoli Blue Ridge, muzzleloaders! Everyone was fascinated by the whole loading process and loved to see, feel, and hear the bang and the smoke. I was humbled by how much they wanted to know about them and how much they enjoyed shooting them.

‘Poet

Our neighborhood had a trapshoot a while back and I brought one of my original black powder doubles. Even through the host of modern shotguns, when mine went off, everybody took notice. Several of them wanted to give it a try snd were totally surprised at how well it broke pigeons. By the end of the day, some even wanted to own one.

Aint no boomer that does not remember the TV shows of the late 50s and early 60s.
It was engrained into us at an early age.
Not many just go out and get involved with black powder. But once biten......

Back