• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Shipping to the US from Canada

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought an antique firearm from New Brunswick and I'm having trouble getting it to the states. Anyone have any pointers or suggestions for a carrier? I've been in contact with UPS and Fedex nearby and they won't touch it even though it is 200 years old and incomplete.
Thanks
Sam

Thank you for the reply. I hope that they are willing to work with me but I'm trying to exhaust other options before I ask that of them since the auction company says they are not willing to ship.
Regards
Sam

I have gotten flintlocks the other way around, bought in the U.S and shipped here to Ontario no problem because flinters are antiques and not considered a firearm under federal law. Percussion is more of a hassle no matter it’s date of manufacture.
If it’s a flintlock I think Walking Eagle’s suggestion might work

I know that Loyalist Arms (in Canada) can Not ship (to the Stares) a complete firearm (BP) with touch hole drilled (not sure about a complete one not drilled)
What they do is ship in TWO separate boxes:
1) Barrel, Stock (*ball & 7"fuse; sometimes)
2) Lock ships separate.

Also if I recall correctly, UPS and FedEx do not go into/out of Canada, they have their own shippers who bring to the border and hand off to xyz

I know that Loyalist Arms (in Canada) can Not ship (to the Stares) a complete firearm (BP) with touch hole drilled (not sure about a complete one not drilled)
What they do is ship in TWO separate boxes:
1) Barrel, Stock (*ball & 7"fuse; sometimes)
2) Lock ships separate.
Loyalist Arms is actually fairly close (about 4 hours drive). I contacted them to see if they would be willing to ship for me if I cannot find another way. The lock is actually missing so it wouldn't be an issue.

Loyalist Arms is actually fairly close (about 4 hours drive). I contacted them to see if they would be willing to ship for me if I cannot find another way. The lock is actually missing so it wouldn't be an issue.
Without a lock you should not have an issue...hope Loyalist Arms can assist or point you in right directions, haven't gone through them in a few years now but they were always nice and helpful folk

So, it isn't a complete rifle. (no lock) Might be getting better all the time. Just pieces to ship. Barrel in one box, stock in another. ;)
yeah I just hate having a stranger remove a pinned barrel. I don't want it to make it this long before being destroyed right before I get it :) . It just has one very crappy picture but is either a 2nd model Bess or a Marine

Kinda sounds like you're stuck between a rock and a hard spot.
Hope everything works for you and "please" BE SURE to keep us informed.
The situations we get involved in when playing with our toys. :rolleyes: :oops:

Bought a barrel from a gentleman in Quebec Canada a few years ago. Shipping to North Carolina wasn’t that much more than shipping in the lower 48. Having said that, USPS was used. Do not know how Canadian based shipper used USPS, but they did and if worked without issue. No idea how they would perform today.

I agree with mad l I would contact one of the flintlock importers like loyalists or military heritage I'm sure they have had similar run arounds

If you can locate a MLF member in New Brunswick, that would be willing to help, will save you a lot of hassle. The auction houses aren't usually helpful once they have your money. It's usually not the Provincial regulations that are the problem. It's the shippers who are completely risk adverse.

Back