• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

shipping problem UPS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohio ramrod

75 Cal.
Reaction score
I went to ship two ramrods by UPS today. I have shipped them for over twenty years with no problems. Today the clerk asked what was in the tube, I told him two ramrods. He said they can not ship any gun parts of any kind. Tomorrow I will go to a different place and ship a two piece fishing rod!

I went to ship two ramrods by UPS today. I have shipped them for over twenty years with no problems. Today the clerk asked what was in the tube, I told him two ramrods. He said they can not ship any gun parts of any kind. Tomorrow I will go to a different place and ship a two piece fishing rod!
Well UPS just lost any future business from me! Try fed ex ... they seem to be less nosey

Did you go to a UPS store or an actual UPS center? The stores are fussy. I print my labels at home and just drop the package off at the store without comment other than "hello, have a nice day".

You know the Constitution. Studied it in school. And yet, there are people, politicians, and lawyers constantly implying different meanings to what is written in order to get their way.
Ups is like a constitution. It has it's laws and amendments. It is too large a company to allow minor changes. If it allows one exception, a lawyer will sue citing that one exception and demanding another. When the boss says no firearms or firearm parts, anyone violating that rule gets fired. No exceptions. They have done very well in business adhering to the rule of no exceptions. Something our country should learn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be honest. Be literal. They are dowel rods. If asked what they're for, say they can be used in cabinet making.

Store or actual shipping depot? Most stores refuse to ship gun parts as is their right. Shipping depots do not refuse guns/gun parts. In this case however as Rickpa stated, be 100% honest, they are dowel rods, so declare them as such.

FED EX??? Just had Fed Ex mis-deliver a package addressed to me; Adult Signature required. They left it at the wrong address, signed my name (incorrectly) as their Adult Signature, left the package on the porch of the wrong house where no one was home; package sat out at 9 degrees overnight. Fortunately, when the neighbor got home the next day they called me to tell me they had the package. The I called FedEx, they could not have cared less. No more for me!

I’ve had similar problems with FedEx shipping firearms and gun parts, but never a problem with UPS. The fellow that runs the local customer counter at UPS knows and owns guns, knows the laws and rules about shipping all sorts of firearms and firearms parts— so I’ve never had a problem. Just my experience...
Bill M.

FED EX??? Just had Fed Ex mis-deliver a package addressed to me; Adult Signature required. They left it at the wrong address, signed my name (incorrectly) as their my Adult Signature, left the package on the porch of the wrong house ...

That's crazy. If they are just going to blow off signature requirements, why are they taking or charging extra money for a non-existent service? BS. Plus they have no excuse when something comes up missing or stolen.

They hassled me when I shipped a barrel. I had to try again during the next shift, and simply lie. I did not like doing so, but what alternatives do such companies and our government give us? Nada.

I just this afternoon received some parts for a Dragoon from Dixie Gun Works, they came by UPS.

As stated wooden dowels, these are trying times you have to think out side the box, not lying they are wood and basically dowels. If you have to ship gun parts and am asked what's in the box tell them machine parts, ( you could ask them why and state, grown particular have ya) not lying they are parts and they are for a mechanical device = machine parts. TRYING TIMES

Back