• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shipping issues… is this normal?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered a rifle on July 26th and it arrived in the Troutdale FedEx hub on July 30th. According to the “travel history” the label was unreadable and the next day “destroyed.” It “left” in transit two more times and yesterday, it said it was going back to Troutdale again. This morning, I read that the shipper has requested it be returned but it still shows a good delivery date to me. I know this isn’t normal, but has this happened before? Is shipping black powder rifles a sketchy deal?

I spent a gob of money on this thing And I am totally excited to get it. I’ve called FedEx and can’t get a live person on the phone.

Grrr.
I have heard more complaints about FEDEX than UPS or even the USPS!! I've had things from FEDEx returned to originatining city then to destination, back to originating city, then to destination, back to originating city and finally returned to sender. Sender finally sent by UPS and received several days later! When ordering a product, now I first find out what shipper they use. If it's FEDEX, I'll find the product elsewhere that uses USPS or UPS! It's a pain but it's worth it.

I get great service from FedEx overnight, but FedEx Ground is the worst.
in my nieghborhood, both FedEx Ground and UPS employ many felons and gang members, not only that but these felons to report back to thier parole officers as to what kinda packages are moving thru the place, so just keep this in mind, they do sniff thru your packages and stuff goes missing due to the criminal employees being hired

If the barcodes on the label are covered with clear tape they can't be scanned and therefore are "unreadable". This applies to the USPS and UPS too.
That is completely false! I ship packages frequently with the entire label covered by clear packing tpe and no problem. That includes: UPS, USPS, and FEDEX. Tape is not the problem...they have employee problems!

in my nieghborhood, both FedEx Ground and UPS employ many felons and gang members, not only that but these felons to report back to thier parole officers as to what kinda packages are moving thru the place, so just keep this in mind, they do sniff thru your packages and stuff goes missing due to the criminal employees being hired
Sounds just like the present Biden Regime!

That is completely false! I ship packages frequently with the entire label covered by clear packing tpe and no problem. That includes: UPS, USPS, and FEDEX. Tape is not the problem...they have employee problems!

As I have posted (#19) I have been told by the local postmaster not to cover the barcode with clear tape as it can make them unreadable. Same for UPS. While your experience, and that of some others here, may be different I will continue my practice of not covering them. It seems that covering the labels hasn't been a problem and that is good to hear, live and learn. Yes, I agree that all the shippers have employee problems and it probably will never get better.

I am offended that you responded to my post (#15) by calling it "completely false!" and also by giving it a :mad: like. I have passed on information gained in good faith from those who should know and with the intention of helping members here. While you may not agree and your experience is otherwise I feel your responses are out of line.

As I have posted (#19) I have been told by the local postmaster not to cover the barcode with clear tape as it can make them unreadable. Same for UPS. While your experience, and that of some others here, may be different I will continue my practice of not covering them. It seems that covering the labels hasn't been a problem and that is good to hear, live and learn. Yes, I agree that all the shippers have employee problems and it probably will never get better.

I am offended that you responded to my post (#15) by calling it "completely false!" and also by giving it a :mad: like. I have passed on information gained in good faith from those who should know and with the intention of helping members here. While you may not agree and your experience is otherwise I feel your responses are out of line.
Look, I aasked my PM about that statement and that's why I said what I said. When I take a package in to the PO the teller always scans it and gives me a receipt. Also most of the packages that I receive and I believe anyone else can vouch for this, the label is covered with either clear tape or some other type of plastic cover. There is nothing I can do about you being offended, other than to tell you to get over it as I always do when I get offended.

I ordered a rifle on July 26th and it arrived in the Troutdale FedEx hub on July 30th. According to the “travel history” the label was unreadable and the next day “destroyed.” It “left” in transit two more times and yesterday, it said it was going back to Troutdale again. This morning, I read that the shipper has requested it be returned but it still shows a good delivery date to me. I know this isn’t normal, but has this happened before? Is shipping black powder rifles a sketchy deal?

I spent a gob of money on this thing And I am totally excited to get it. I’ve called FedEx and can’t get a live person on the phone.

Grrr.
Just had one delivered today thru UPS fast shipping

We had one package that was sent to Austria, and ended up in Sidney Australia.
We now put a red circle with line thru it and a kangaroo head to show the post office not to send them to the wrong continent. The Austrians think its funny as heck.

Vee haf many Ostrians in Ostraya doncha know....

But the present administration can't fire him due the laws protecting civil service employees.
He's not a civil service employee. He was appointed and therefore can be replaced by the present illegal administration.. this ain't the YUK!

Back