• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SHIPPING....Again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morehops52

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Haven't given much attention to this as I hadn't expected to be shipping any more ML's. Searches weren't much help but this is what I think the current situation is: Both UPS and FedEx will ship muzzloaders but need to be declared at least verbally. The clerk, not the company determines the "local rule" depending on which location you use and/or who is taking your order. I would appreciate positive knowledge on the subject. Yes, I know ANY shipper can damage a stainless steel vault on any given day but let's please leave that for another thread.Thank you.

A ups hub will ship muzzleloaders. A privately owned “ ups store” can refuse to ship. Argued with an ups clerk for 10 minutes about this. She calls her supervisor. He says no way. Finally an older lady who drove a van for years told them it was perfectly legal to ship a muzzleloading rifle, call higher ups. Ok, you can send it…..don’t take no for an answer. Half these kids are anti gun, the other half are afraid of being an accessory to a crime…

I don’t ship fed ex. There is a hub not 3 miles from me. Usually about once every 2 months I find a package at the end of their driveway, that fell off a truck.

I guess my question was if anybody knew for sure what the actual policy was according to UPS or FEDEX . From what I'm seeing if I take it to a hub it's OK but local office may vary as I said. My concern is that if I declare a $600 rifle as "auto parts" and need to file a claim that's going to be hairy. I will admit I considered listing it as a 'charcoal burner".

I have sold and shipped 4 TC muzzleloaders so far, one of the members turned me on to a shipping app called Pirate Ship. In all 4 cases the shipped UPS ground and in all cases arrived early or within 3 days. The cost was $23-30 fully insured. I don't have to declare anything other than the value when creating the label. Print the label then drop it off. Everyone that has bought from me was happy with the end result.

My last replica part went that way insured for value and with adult signature. $27. Or w no sig and standard $50 insurance was $17. Had two replica props a long one and a short one 14 lbs👍

Back