• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SHIPPED ???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ship multiple packages a week to customers. Very rarely, usually on overseas shipments, a package gets "lost" (it almost always gets delivered or returned eventually). I think this has happened 2, maybe 3 times. When it happens, I send an email to the customer, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience of the lost shipment. I am sending out a replacement immediately. Here is the tracking information."

Any claims or other actions that need to be filed are handled by me on my end. I eat the cost of the second shipping. I do this because it's good customer service and gains repeat business and gets me good word-of-mouth additional sales.

If I were shipping a one-time high-priced item, say a gun, and it did not get delivered, I would immediately file a claim, including the buyer on the contact information, and refund them their money based on the outcome of the claim. That is, if the shipper determines that it was never delivered, then I would issue a refund (insurance or not). Obviously if the shipper determines the item was delivered, then I don't owe a refund.

It's dangerous to let the buyer file the claim paperwork because if they don't include you in the contact information you have no idea if the claim gets paid out or not. Then the buyer can keep harassing you for a refund even though they got the insurance claim paid out.

I ship multiple packages a week to customers. Very rarely, usually on overseas shipments, a package gets "lost" (it almost always gets delivered or returned eventually). I think this has happened 2, maybe 3 times. When it happens, I send an email to the customer, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience of the lost shipment. I am sending out a replacement immediately. Here is the tracking information."

Any claims or other actions that need to be filed are handled by me on my end. I eat the cost of the second shipping. I do this because it's good customer service and gains repeat business and gets me good word-of-mouth additional sales.

If I were shipping a one-time high-priced item, say a gun, and it did not get delivered, I would immediately file a claim, including the buyer on the contact information, and refund them their money based on the outcome of the claim. It's dangerous to let the buyer file the claim paperwork because if they don't include you in the contact information you have no idea if the claim gets paid out or not. Then the buyer can keep harassing you for a refund even though they got the insurance claim paid out.
Most shippers require the person doing the shipping to submit the claim.

If I were shipping a one-time high-priced item, say a gun, and it did not get delivered, I would immediately file a claim, including the buyer on the contact information, and refund them their money based on the outcome of the claim. That is, if the shipper determines that it was never delivered, then I would issue a refund (insurance or not). Obviously if the shipper determines the item was delivered, then I don't owe a refund.

It's dangerous to let the buyer file the claim paperwork because if they don't include you in the contact information you have no idea if the claim gets paid out or not. Then the buyer can keep harassing you for a refund even though they got the insurance claim paid out.
I guess since I do not have ( customers ) as in a business ,just a casual sale of an item I refer you to my previous statement , Most of what I sell is one time (inventory) purchased new/used by me and sold cause I no longer need/want or just plain lost interest ! You read my for sale add check my references (EXCELLENT) and (REMEMBER ) this post . Don't like the terms find what you want somewhere else /Ed

If in doubt contact your local post office. The Buyer can track and file a lost package investigation but not recoup any cost. The person who ships the item is the only one who can file a reimbersment claim (IF INSURED ) and it will require seller and buyer to file a lost / not received package claim the PO investigates tells buyer yep it's lost then reimburses seller/shipper .If you buy and arrange shipping / insurance yourself you get reimbursed. In 40 years I have never arranged shipping it has always been the sellers responsibility if item is lost ( and there have been a few ) the SELLER reships after confirming loss or refunds all costs I have never arranged shipping on anything .Responsibility goes seller, person who pays the shipping organization, shipping organization.

FOB is common in general commercial shipping. The seller usually helps load it
at the loading dock on your paid -for transport tractor trailer's deck or board.
This ends the seller's obligation as to shipping. Usually used in heavier shipping bills.

Exactly!! I can't believe so many on this thread don't know that. The person receiving the item shipped CAN'T file any claim for damage or loss. It MUST be the person who shipped it & paid for the insurance.
I agree, which is why I have stated, the Seller is responsible until I receive what I paid for!

If in doubt contact your local post office. The Buyer can track and file a lost package investigation but not recoup any cost. The person who ships the item is the only one who can file a reimbersment claim (IF INSURED ) and it will require seller and buyer to file a lost / not received package claim the PO investigates tells buyer yep it's lost then reimburses seller/shipper .If you buy and arrange shipping / insurance yourself you get reimbursed. In 40 years I have never arranged shipping it has always been the sellers responsibility if item is lost ( and there have been a few ) the SELLER reships after confirming loss or refunds all costs I have never arranged shipping on anything .Responsibility goes seller, person who pays the shipping organization, shipping organization.
Agree!

Wow

Look folks. The folks that actually SOLD the item is always responsible for the item getting to the customers until it actually gets into the hands of the customers. Even if tracking says it was "left on the customers porch", until the customer actually gets it in hand, the company that it was ordered from is responsible. Doesnt sound fair up front, but thats how it is

Not the shipping means (UPS, FEDX USPS, ETC), but the folks you ordered the item from................... You are really wasting your time trying to contact UPS or FEDEDX for "lost" packages: Always go to the folks you ordered from

Thats not saying it couldnt be the shippERS fault, but the shipper is responsible in the end run until the customer actually gets the item

As said, wether you agree or not, get ins for high ticket items, especially nowadays. Placing packages where they need to be and theves are an issue at least in my area from all deilvery services

Back