• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SHIPPED ???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree , once shipped as described insured or not it is the shipping company's responsibility (NOT THE SELLERS)
Your right "once shipped" it is the shipping company that has it, True enough.
But if it's insured and damaged or lost by the shipping company requiring a claim for the loss,
Do you as the seller keep the claim money as well as the original payment?

But if it's insured and damaged or lost by the shipping company requiring a claim for the loss,

The shipper is the one who has to file the claim. To keep the claim money and the original payment would be very unethical.

I disagree , once shipped as described insured or not it is the shipping company's responsibility (NOT THE SELLERS) ! As the seller I dictate the condition of sale, you as the buyer says I'll take it and send payment as stated in add .IF not to your liking keep your money and go else where .Simple , don't expect to agree to sellers terms and then whine and change the agreement to fit your needs /Ed
You can dictate what you want. No product I get a refund period. Any attorney will gladly handle that case. What your stating is a cop out. It is like saying "buyer beware" when you knowingly sell a bad product "not my fault, you should have asked" Wrong. Stand up and take responsibility for what YOU do. If you are a solid honest seller than you want your customer to be treated properly. I have dealt with several different businesses that had no problem replacing an item or refunding money when an item was lost in the mail. Just one man's opinion

The seller made the agreement with the shipper, not the buyer.

do ya think?!!

You are the buyer, lay out $2,000 for a rifle. It gets shipped and destroyed on its way to you. The seller files a claim and gets $2,000 from the shipper. He keeps that two grand and yours too, how do you feel about that as the buyer? Remember your are out the purchase price and with nothing to show but the seller is $4,000 richer.

You are the buyer, lay out $2,000 for a rifle. It gets shipped and destroyed on its way to you. The seller files a claim and gets $2,000 from the shipper. He keeps that two grand and yours too, how do you feel about that as the buyer? Remember your are out the purchase price and with nothing to show but the seller is $4,000 richer.
I understand exactly which is why I said the Seller is responsible!

My situation is slightly different in that I ship every day - a few orders to private parties but mostly to other businesses. If a shipment does not arrive or arrives damaged I take care of filing claims with the shipping company and I offer to reship the order to my customer. This is part of my no-hassle customer service policy - I don’t want to make my customer jump through hoops because MY shipping company screwed something up.

My situation is slightly different in that I ship every day - a few orders to private parties but mostly to other businesses. If a shipment does not arrive or arrives damaged I take care of filing claims with the shipping company and I offer to reship the order to my customer. This is part of my no-hassle customer service policy - I don’t want to make my customer jump through hoops because MY shipping company screwed something up.
Sounds to me like you are doing things the right way! Good for you.

It is a way of pricing. As a seller I have found potential buyers prefer to know total cost up front. To quote shipping/mailing cost after the fact creates some uncertainty with a potential buyer. So, for me, I factor in the cost of shipping. Is a more better, less confusing, way than to say: $30.00 plus shipping.

It is a way of pricing. As a seller I have found potential buyers prefer to know total cost up front. To quote shipping/mailing cost after the fact creates some uncertainty with a potential buyer. So, for me, I factor in the cost of shipping. Is a more better, less confusing, way than to say: $30.00 plus shipping.
I agree. I want to know total cost to me. If an item costs x and shipping is YY, it may make the price not that good.

I had been setting the price to include "free shipping" but hadn't been selling for a while and am not used to the new costs so its been "+ actual shipping to your zip" till I get a feel for the new rates then I'll try to include shipping in the price again.

That's easy (NOPE) as the insurance is the buyers responsibility as such If he pays me to insure the item I DO and then take photo along with tracking # and provide proof that buyer can use if item is lost along with cost . I just shipped a Invest arms /Lyman 54 cal (no insurance) for $58.00 to TX on Tues ,seller notified me he received it in fantastic shape yesterday along with compliment on packaging and gun exceeding expectations !!! He tracked it the whole way got it a day early and most importantly it was his choice to insure or not , I always ship priority as I hate waiting too and will not ship cheap to save a buck . All the guns I've bought and sold insured or not over all the yrs I've been doing this ,get there (so far) with one exception . A gun (mine)I shipped to DGW for repair BP pistol got as far as Tenn hub and vanished The secretary at DGW sent a photo of the flat rate priority box I shipped had a note that box had been damaged in shipping , photo showed a razor slit in the box below note (yup box was empty) she said it is common with that hub ,see a DGW address and some folks at the hub go home with new toys . And by the way Priority in that case came with $50.00 insurance So that was my loss as it was my choice not to insure . Please note in my case that's my choice and if you can't agree to terms plainly stated that too is on you/Ed

I disagree , once shipped as described insured or not it is the shipping company's responsibility (NOT THE SELLERS) ! As the seller I dictate the condition of sale, you as the buyer says I'll take it and send payment as stated in add .IF not to your liking keep your money and go else where .Simple , don't expect to agree to sellers terms and then whine and change the agreement to fit your needs /Ed
If I have paid you to deliver a thing to my doorstep, and you paid for and arranged for shipping and it doesn't arrive, then it's on you to make it good. Remember, I didn't pay the shipper - you did. I am merely reimbursing you for your expense.

If you bought a thing from Amazon or MidwayUSA or wherever and it did not arrive, you would expect them to make good on it. Unless the buyer has made the shipping arrangements, the onus is on the seller to provide what was paid for. This is why it's important to buy insurance or expect to self-insure in the case of loss.

If I have paid you to deliver a thing to my doorstep, and you paid for and arranged for shipping and it doesn't arrive, then it's on you to make it good. Remember, I didn't pay the shipper - you did. I am merely reimbursing you for your expense.

If you bought a thing from Amazon or MidwayUSA or wherever and it did not arrive, you would expect them to make good on it. Unless the buyer has made the shipping arrangements, the onus is on the seller to provide what was paid for. This is why it's important to buy insurance or expect to self-insure in the case of loss.
The difference is (AGAIN SIMPLE ) I advertised the exact terms and you sent the payment as stated (DONE) ,and my name is not Larry or (BOZO) . And don't assume that there is insurance or I'm liable once it is accepted by a carrier and no longer my responsibility . Once you get tracking it is between you and carrier ,at that point it is between you and the carrier again (stated up front) and you made the choice to purchase not me . And if you have a problem with that please don't purchase just go to Larry /Bozo /pay retail as their in it for profit be happy (even) when it is back ordered /out of stock /no longer made or you pick the reason . I got it at these terms (deal with it ) or not, others will ! /Ed

Exactly!

And don't assume that there is insurance
I would never make that assumption. I would request that the seller purchase insurance and I would of course reimburse them for that expense. Same as I reimburse for the cost of shipping.

or I'm liable once it is accepted by a carrier and no longer my responsibility
Not if you arranged the shipping. If I paid you money to deliver me a product, then it is up to you to choose the shipper and arrange the shipping and make sure it gets to me. If it doesn't, it's your responsibility to make it right. I does not matter to me what third party you may have chosen to use to ship the product. That's between you and them. If I paid you, then you are responsible.

. Once you get tracking it is between you and carrier ,at that point it is between you and the carrier again (stated up front) and you made the choice to purchase not me .
If those were your terms of sale, I would not choose to purchase from you. The reason is it can take weeks or months to get resolution from a shipper to pay out an insurance claim, if they pay at all. If I paid the seller to ship something to me, then I paid the seller to ship something to me. I did not pay UPS or USPS or whoever.

And if you have a problem with that please don't purchase just go to Larry /Bozo /pay retail as their in it for profit be happy (even) when it is back ordered /out of stock /no longer made or you pick the reason . I got it at these terms (deal with it ) or not, others will ! /Ed

Again, I would not purchase under those terms as it is too risky to send money to an individual who won't make a commitment to deliver what they sold or give a refund if they are unable to deliver.

I would never make that assumption. I would request that the seller purchase insurance and I would of course reimburse them for that expense. Same as I reimburse for the cost of shipping.

Not if you arranged the shipping. If I paid you money to deliver me a product, then it is up to you to choose the shipper and arrange the shipping and make sure it gets to me. If it doesn't, it's your responsibility to make it right. I does not matter to me what third party you may have chosen to use to ship the product. That's between you and them. If I paid you, then you are responsible.

If those were your terms of sale, I would not choose to purchase from you. The reason is it can take weeks or months to get resolution from a shipper to pay out an insurance claim, if they pay at all. If I paid the seller to ship something to me, then I paid the seller to ship something to me. I did not pay UPS or USPS or whoever.

Again, I would not purchase under those terms as it is too risky to send money to an individual who won't make a commitment to deliver what they sold or give a refund if they are unable to deliver.
I agree. Any reputable dealer will stand behind his shipping and take care of the customer (IMHO)

Once you get tracking it is between you and carrier ,at that point it is between you and the carrier again (stated up front) and you made the choice to purchase not me .
So you are saying you could take an order then ship an empty box with no insurance and keep the money when the empty box is delivered. You won't sell me anything.

I agree 100 % I paid the seller, not to be passed off to a third party, shipper or not.

Latest posts

Back