• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shiny Notions for the stock wood of my new rifle build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Secesh

Ol’ Heavy 50
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have some grand ideas about silver embellishments on my rifle that I’m building but I haven’t found (yet) a sutler that offers much in the way of designs I have stored in my head. Can any of y’all smoke skinners recommend a sutler who would carry good quality silver inlays? I’m afraid if’n I try to draw and cut out an Eagle and Shield it’ll wind up looking like a Guinea hen wearring a pinstripe vest!
Who‘s the best supplier with a wide selection of German silver inlays?

Many thanks in advance!
farmer

It's not that difficult to cut your own inlays. All you'll need is a sheet of German silver which is easy to find and a jeweler saw and needle files. Oh yeah and patients... ;)

It's not that difficult to cut your own inlays. All you'll need is a sheet of German silver which is easy to find and a jeweler saw and needle files. Oh yeah and patients... ;)
I’m gonna go either with something MBS has or like you suggested and cut my own. I want to use an 1840’s - 1860’s federal style eagle motif for the cheek rest. I just haven’t located a design I like. This is very important to the style of rifle I’m wanting to emulate, a pre-Civil War type target rifle utilized for snipers during the great conflict.

Track of the Wolf, has an eagle cheek piece, that is engraved. You can get it in German Silver, or Brass. I have used a few of them. I scratch the engraving a little deeper, to make it stand out more.

Dave

Back