• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

sherwood park trail

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant wait either! We're going to rejoin that Sherwood park range. I was a member of the SPFG range from 2006 to 2011. Life took a turn, and hadn't been back since I left the BP hobby. Now my whole family are "chomping at the bit" to get into this again.

Last edited:
I cant wait either! We're going to rejoin that Sherwood park range. I was a member of the SPFG range from 2006 to 2011. Life took a turn, and hadn't been back since I left the BP hobby. Now my whole family are "chomping at the bit" to get into this again.
There were a number of issues with the BP group that ran the Spring shoot and management. Nothing was resolved and most of the active members left to shoot BP at other surrounding ranges (eg. Camrose, Tofield & Smoky Lake) but there are a few shooters still there. But they just shoot there with their smokepoles and lay low. The trail has some improvements but the shooting lanes to the targets are grown over and the gongs are in need of maintenance.

It's great to hear about your excitement for rejoining the Sherwood Park range! It seems like a lot has changed since your earlier days there. Sometimes life takes unexpected turns, but it's wonderful that you and your family are eager to get back into it.

It's great to hear about your excitement for rejoining the Sherwood Park range! It seems like a lot has changed since your earlier days there. Sometimes life takes unexpected turns, but it's wonderful that you and your family are eager to get back into it.

It's a bit disappointing to hear about the issues with the BP group and the state of the shooting lanes, but hopefully, those can be addressed over time. Shooting with smokepoles can be a unique experience. If you ever decide to explore some fun theme parks alongside your shooting adventures, there are some fantastic ones to visit in the United States. They offer a different kind of excitement, and you might enjoy the change of pace.

Hopefully I'll be joining up out there once I get my Colonial put together :) Maybe we can collectively get the trail back up and running.

Back