• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

She ain't pretty but

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a fellow at our local club who shot a "Hawken" that had the stock 80% shaped and not finished and masking taped the barrel to the stock, probably a whole roll. He would come out and whip our butts every time. Beware the man with one gun!

I know that when I was putting the parts together for my 1803 rifle, I had the fortune to be vacationing near Track Of the Wolf and I dropped in the store to select parts. I was even more fortunate that Mike Lea, who built the rifle that Track had featured in their catalog was in the shop. I had the choice of several stocks. One was quite striking with some interesting grain patterns through it. Looking at the stocks, i was thinking that this was to be a sturdy rifle built for rough handling, so I chose the one with best grain through the wrist and relatively plain other wise. Mike Lea agreed that it would probably be the the most robust of the choices. It did make a very nice rifle that while plain is a very good shooting rifle. I do understand that there is beauty in a plain rifle.

She looks good! And I know how you feel about LOP! I'm of realitively short stature at 5'6 but I have the arm length of an orangutan.... makes finding guns that really fit me a bit hard.

Chris

I have decided to build another poor boy in .45. It will be for my grandson. He is only 4 but I hope some day in the future God willing to give it to him and show him how to shoot and care for it.

I like it, the only thing is, I'm anal about matching screws, so I'd fix that and put a hard furniture wax on the whole thing. Looks like a keeper! Maybe you should use that stock to make another rifle, a .50 or .54.

Back