• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE Sharps M1859 Carbine, cal .54/.52 (updated 14MAY23)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Story

40 Cal.
Reaction score
$2,000 USPS MO Only, plus USPS Shipping CONUS.
FTF possible.
Proof of age required.
Thanks for the many trade offers, but I'm downsizing.
Feel free to request detail photos, which will be posted in this thread.

Carbine manufactured 1861 with a serial number just under 60,000. This one escaped the post-war conversion to .50-70. Complete save for rear sight slider.

Never got a chance to fire it, although there's no reason not to - got 25 bullets, caps and powder but haven't had the time to roll cartridges for it. Circumstantial evidence that this may have been issued to Company I, 15th Pennsylvania Cavalry (tale comes free with purchase). Could also be a Bannerman's barrel sale.

Reason for sale? Had it for awhile, haven't gotten around to shooting it.

Attachments

• Proof of Life (2).jpg
    Proof of Life (2).jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Sharps clear.jpg
    Sharps clear.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Sharps butt crop.jpg
    Sharps butt crop.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Breach.jpg
    Breach.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6186.jpg
    IMG_6186.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Bannerman 1940 Catalog.jpg
    Bannerman 1940 Catalog.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Does it have a patchbox? I believe M1859 had an iron patchbox. On the barrel it might say New Model 1859 or New Model 1863. I think they dropped the patchbox on M1863's. Cool piece of history

Does it have a patchbox? I believe M1859 had an iron patchbox. On the barrel it might say New Model 1859 or New Model 1863. I think they dropped the patchbox on M1863's. Cool piece of history

Oh, it's clearly marked NEW MODEL 1859 behind the rear sight.

Hello, I am unable to buy your fine rifle, but I was wondering if you could tell us the bore diameter? Not the groove diameter, but the actual bore?

Thanks,
Steve
1) Why not? :cool:

2) When I get a chance, I'll dig out a micrometer.

1) Why not? :cool:

2) When I get a chance, I'll dig out a micrometer.
Too poor! I just got the final bill for my Shiloh Sharps before Christmas and I'm paying that off. :)

I am very interested in the bore diameter of original percussion Sharps though. I've been lead down a path by others' research that leads me to believe that the front driving band of the Christmas Tree style of bullet should fit into the bore. This would mean a bore of .520"

Thanks,
Steve

Latest posts

Back