• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Sharps Carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy shooters,
The 1851Navy barrel is off getting a real front sight and the weather has moderated so it it time to get out the Sharps.
A Pedersoli replica of the C.S. Robinson Richmond Virginia carbine. The sights have been replaced with a Lyman bead front and a Marble "Bulls eye" rear sight.
It has the Hahn Machine Works breech and block modification and is a good dependable firearm.

Last year in a reliability test it was fired 45 rounds over a few days without cleaning with no breech sticking and still hitting center. With nothing more to prove at that point it was cleaned and put away.

Now sighted in for 50 and 75 yards using a 45 grain volume of FFg or APP . The bullet is a Moose Moulds ring tail with all packed into a Hahn paper tube.
It has been loaded with or without filler and I see no difference in accuracy. The APP load is preferred because it needs no bullet lube and cleanup is easier
An accurate and fun gun to shoot.
If I can ever find my Chrony, which has been misplaced in a move, velocities will be posted.
Respectfully
Bunk

APP needs a bit of nipple prime to work. That small inconvenience is offset by easier cleaning and no lube bullets.
IMHO
Bunk

I was going to load a few rounds with a black powder charge at the bottom of the tube with the APP on top to see if it would help with ignition.

Back