• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Share some of your fun toys

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for nothing but pure fun. Touch to play.

234 by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr
Looks like a lot of fun !!.....Years ago I built a mortar to play with and mostly only shot large cans of chicken noodle soup out of it. It would launch them pretty good and we would play trying to drop them into certain areas of a lake. Occasionally one of the cans would not hole up and you would get a very nice smell of chicken soup in the air and a few surviving noodles falling. I once took a trip to the left coast and visited an old shooting club I belonged to a long time ago. I took the mortar and we launched the ashes of an old friend over the range as he wished. I donated the mortar to that club as a lot of old friends still belonged to it.

I have 2 junk handguns that are modified to never fire, and never will be made to.... all refinished and shined up. When I’m gone, the junk guns are left in an obvious place to be found. Figure a thief will grab them and go, and not waste his valuable time looking around for more. And I have pictures of them with I d marks under the grips for a positive identification when the guy is caught. But most break ins are people you know , or a friend of a friend. Or your cousin with a meth habit. My friend lost his guns in a break in, after a one night stand ! Girl talked to her brother about all those guns this guy had. Watched the house, waited for him to leave for work, and got them! Don’t talk about your guns around people you don’t know. That includes co- workers. They know when you are at work!🧐

Where did you find a 41 caliber Remington NMA? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Wanted to shoot my .41 molds

so had a .36 caliber opened up.
Also came across a Lyman .424 round ball mold that actually throws .420 balls so I need to try those out too.

The same opening up could be done to shoot .44 revolver molds (they're really .43 caliber bullets) to make a handy light weight and hard hitting revolver. I've been tempted along those lines but I'm happy with this .41 experiment. Besides, it isn't difficult to size down .45 bullets to fit percussion revolvers marketed as .44 caliber and that's pretty much maxing out what you can get out of these designs.

Last edited:
Wanted to shoot my .41 molds

so had a .36 caliber opened up.
Also came across a Lyman .424 round ball mold that actually throws .420 balls so I need to try those out too.

The same opening up could be done to shoot .44 revolver molds (they're really .43 caliber bullets) to make a handy light weight and hard hitting revolver. I've been tempted along those lines but I'm happy with this .41 experiment. Besides, it isn't difficult to size down .45 bullets to fit percussion revolvers marketed as .44 caliber and that's pretty much maxing out what you can get out of these designs.
Or open up your .44 to .454 and shoot .457 balls and unsized cast bullets....

Back