• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Serial numbers on my rem. 1858?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only source that I am aware of is the "Springfield Research Service serial numbers of U S Martial Arms". I've got an old 1999 edition of their listings which includes Remington New Model Army pistols. Neither of your serial numbers are listed, although 48610 and 48682 were issued on 03 02 1864 to Company H 19th New York Volunteer Cavalry. Both your pistols seem to be tight and in nice shape, although the one has replaced grips and probably the screws. After inspection, both would PROBABLY be "good shooters"
Hi OLUT. Would you by chance be able to look up my remington 1858 serial number 81135.

Thank you very much in advance.
Sincerely

The left walnut grip is stamped JP which i believe is was named Jules Porter. However i am unable to find any information on this ordonance inspector.

Back