• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

September Online Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I enjoy sharing first place with Freedom475, I must withdraw my entry because I didn't shoot in compliance with the contest rules. Here's what I wrote on September 2:

Target #2 speaks for itself, but I won't claim it or #3 for record as I shot kneeling, with my right forearm on the bench. (Lower back issues make off hand shooting difficult and painful these days.)

The lower back problem is still present and I will continue to participate in these matches, but not as an "official" entrant. Congratulations again to Freedom475 on his excellent shooting!
Congratulations for the reply and clarification of your targets. I also have a back issue and can only shoot offhand for a little while until l have to take a break.

As much as I enjoy sharing first place with Freedom475, I must withdraw my entry because I didn't shoot in compliance with the contest rules. Here's what I wrote on September 2:

Target #2 speaks for itself, but I won't claim it or #3 for record as I shot kneeling, with my right forearm on the bench. (Lower back issues make off hand shooting difficult and painful these days.)

The lower back problem is still present and I will continue to participate in these matches, but not as an "official" entrant. Congratulations again to Freedom475 on his excellent shooting!
Maven - that's very sportsmanlike of you to acknowledge that you shouldn't have your targets included in the match - you are still welcome to shoot and post your targets because a) it's fun and b) we are still interested in how you are doing and what equipment, loads, etc you are using. So carry on and I won't include you in the official standings until you tell me you want to resume.

Gary

Thanks for the comments Mav and Ames. I seem to let the age creep in and handicap me. I was stacking 40ct, 16 oz drinking water cases in the garage on Oct 6th. I was heaving the 7th case up when the right hand end strap broke and twisted the left side. I sprained the left wrist well enough that I can't support the fore-end for more than a quick breath. It seems to be some kinda karma for some reason or another. I'll wait and try to shoot them thar pumpkins on the last week at least. It seems it's flexing a bit more with less sting to it each day.

Thanks for the comments Mav and Ames. I seem to let the age creep in and handicap me. I was stacking 40ct, 16 oz drinking water cases in the garage on Oct 6th. I was heaving the 7th case up when the right hand end strap broke and twisted the left side. I sprained the left wrist well enough that I can't support the fore-end for more than a quick breath. It seems to be some kinda karma for some reason or another. I'll wait and try to shoot them thar pumpkins on the last week at least. It seems it's flexing a bit more with less sting to it each day.
Get well soon!

Latest posts

Back