• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

September Event

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonie

Moderator Emeritus In Remembrance
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the September event for your enjoyment.

Again, this is a creation of Adui's and I am just posting it for him.

------------------------------------
The target is a Ram silhouette target with a 2” circle. The center 1” is also marked.

Find your Target here: http://www.mytargets.com/rambullseye.pdf

Rules:

Scoring will be as follows:

The kill zone is anywhere in the target circles.

The center is bull’s-eye dot is worth 2 points.

Anywhere within the target reticule area (Circles) is a kill shot and worth 1 point

A CLEAN miss is zero points.

Any hit on the animal not breaking the outer ring of the kill zone is a wounded animal and therefore a minus 1 point.

Shots are to be taken off hand at 25 yards.

Take 5 shots only, at any score place on the target.

Highest score wins

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified.

No do-over’s.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzle loading firearms (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition. Cap and Ball revolvers are OK.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at the stated distance.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The center of the shot and the placement on the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each contestant's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your targets.

Mail your target postmarked by September 30th , 2018 to:

Terry Stephens
9043 E Butternut Ave
Mesa AZ 85208

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine shot today. Good news is I put 3 in the black. Bad news is a missed the ram completely on the last 2 shoots. However, I know exactly what I did wrong and it was a rookie mistake on my part.

Thanks Adui !

I'll look for your target Silky!

MDK_WV your target arrived yesterday, but I didnt get it on the scorecard till today. Thanks for shooting!

Silky 921, your target arrived today. You're on the scoreboard.

Thanks for shooting!

As a side note, thanks for the chuckle in your comments on the misses! :rotf:

Got it done today. Will mail it tomorrow. In truth, my practice target was so much better than my record one, but the former had 7 shots on it. OTOH, I haven't done any offhand shooting for at least 6 weeks (weather, various commitments), so I'm surprised (and happy) that I did as well as I did today: Not a winning target by any means, but good enough considering....

I also shot mine today with my TC 50 caliber that I built from a kit back in the 1970s. I probably haven't shot it for at least a year. I first shot a few rounds from sand bags to see it shot true. It did okay, but I did not when I shot my target. It just wasn't my day I guess but I'll send it in as is.

I too don't shoot much off hand, so maybe I need to practice more.

I mailed my target today. Just got back from a 3 week elk hunt in Utah and have been processing meat. While we were out there a flood here at home took out our shooting range at our cabin and almost took the cabin. So has been hectic.

Dave

Back