• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

September 2021 Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder why we can't get more shooters to participate? With all the BP guys and a few gals (I guess) we should have at least a couple dozen shooting in each months match.
Is it the requirement to mail targets instead of just posting them?

Have to do some recruiting on the forum to get some more shooters. If I remember correctly, we once did a 2 person team match and that was the match with the most participants.

Maybe people coming up with more possible target/match idea would help bring in more shooters too.

Old guys VS the young guys. This forum is old so old guys would be over 60.
We also once did one target smooth bore, then mail the same target to a team partner with the rifle. I think it was three shots each. Mail the finished target to the judge.
I teamed up with a member in England so, no, there was no problems because of mailing it.
I'll be back in very soon as my seasonal work slows to a manageable level.

I'm definitely open to suggestions for sure! I think we had the most participants to date in the September match and I am hoping the cooler fall weather will bring more out to shoot!

I do like the idea of a team match and I'm open to doing it alone with the old guys vs young guys match. I think I'll start a thread over on the general forum and see what comes up. Maybe find a few more shooters? I wonder I'm some have never scrolled down the page to see what goes on down here in the match section.

Chris

You can reverse the score value on a standard ringed target. The bull would be zero. The outer ring a ten. Shoot outside the outer ring into the field of the paper and its a minus ten.
Then you can find out who has the kiwis to shoot for the edge! Shoot the outer ring twice, miss it to the outside twice, and your still at zero with one shot to go.

You can reverse the score value on a standard ringed target. The bull would be zero. The outer ring a ten. Shoot outside the outer ring into the field of the paper and its a minus ten.
Then you can find out who has the kiwis to shoot for the edge! Shoot the outer ring twice, miss it to the outside twice, and your still at zero with one shot to go.

Ames, I'm actually going to do this in an upcoming shoot.

Chris

I made a short video to go along with my target for October, there was a lot of interest in the match, but most who showed interest are self conscious about posting their results and not being good enough. It’s the challenge of competitive shooting all over, many times it looks intimidating. How can we make it more friendly/welcoming?

I made a short video to go along with my target for October, there was a lot of interest in the match, but most who showed interest are self conscious about posting their results and not being good enough. It’s the challenge of competitive shooting all over, many times it looks intimidating. How can we make it more friendly/welcoming?

I saw your video and enjoyed it. I think posting a video now & then would go a long way towards helping folks over come the intimidation to encourage them to participate.

That was a nicely done video. If a few more of the YT creators could get involved and make a few videos like yours, there is no doubt we would be able to up participation, and new members alike. Nice job.

Latest posts

Back