• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

September 2020 Postal Match - NMLRA COVID-19 Target

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot my target. It was very apparent that I haven't shot a flintlock in about a year. But dang was I reminded how much I love shooting them. Enjoy them as much now as when I was 15.

Thanks for putting on these matches.

Well it appears I will not make it this month. We have been in Vermont and I planned on shooting when we got back however we stayed 7 days extra as the colors were fantastic as was the weather. Now there is a 100% chance of rain today and tomorrow so the prospects are not good. Dave

As of the close of business Tuesday September 29 I have received targets from 10 shooters, including my own, with one known to be in the mail from cankeney.
The list is as follows:
11th corps
Ames
cankeney *in the mail
flinter1977
Grenadier1758
Maven
MSmith
nessmuk - Shot 0 didn't mail
Richard Dittman
russellshaffer - Pistol & rifle
Silky921
Sven205 - Pistol

September targets must be postmarked September 30th. Please let me know if you mail your target September 30th. Results should be posted by Monday afternoon.

As of the close of business Tuesday September 29 I have received targets from 10 shooters, including my own, with one known to be in the mail from cankeney.
The list is as follows:
11th corps
Ames
cankeney *in the mail
flinter1977
Grenadier1758
Maven
MSmith
nessmuk - Shot 0 didn't mail
Richard Dittman
russellshaffer - Pistol & rifle
Silky921
Sven205 - Pistol

September targets must be postmarked September 30th. Please let me know if you mail your target September 30th. Results should be posted by Monday afternoon.
Sent mine out yesterday.Bit of a ways from Ohio to Wyoming.

September NMLRA COVID-19 Target Final Results

This month’s target was challenging for sure. But that’s the way we like-em! We had a total of 14 shooters who made it out to shoot at least once this month! Thanks for taking the extra time and effort involved to put this target in you shooting sequence and mailing it in to be scored and reported here.

Professor flintlock was high score for the second month in a row. There was a tie for second. Shot placement on those two targets are so close that I won’t even call one better than the other – it’s literally a tie.

We had two members send target they shot with their pistol. The surprising news here is that the top pistol score by Sven205 was 37. Unfortunately Sven 205 didn’t share any specifics on what he’s shooting. BouseBill out shot most rifle shooters last month with his Thompson Center .45 Patriot pistol. I would say us rifle shooters have two goals to shoot for. We’re coming after Professor flintlock. Maybe we should look into sail cloth patches? And shouldn’t rifles be more accurate than pistols? 🤔

I would like to see a few more pistols participate in future shoots. Don’t forget, currently, you can submit both a rifle and pistol target.

Rifle Top 3 Scores

Member​
Score​
Professor flintlock
28​
Cankeney
23​
Josephg
23​
Ames
18​

Rifle All Shooters w/Remarks

Member​
Score​
Remarks​
11th corps
9​
TOW kit - NW Trade Gun smooth bore flintlock, .60, 60 gr. OE 3f, pt patch.
Ames
18​
.50 cal, 55 gr 2f
cankeney
23​
.50 Narragansett Arms James Albrecht transitional. 50 gr 3f, .490, .015 w/tow & mink oil 44” bbl, 1:56
flinter1977
14​
.32 PA flint w/ 40” barrel, .310, 20 gr Graff 3f, pt patch, bees wax & lard.
Grenadier1758
14​
.36 SMR flint, .330, .018 patch, moose milk, 32” barrel, 1: 48.
Josephg
23​
.38 Original Old Picket rifle with a strap. 20 gr 1-1/2 Swiss
Maven
13​
.50 Lyman GP, .490, .018 patch, 1:60 twist, primitive sights, no swab between shots
MSmith
0​
.50 TC Hawken, .495, .015 w/moose milk, 65 gr OE 2f, 32” GM barrel 1:66
Nessmuk
0​
Shot not mailed: All shots on paper but a score of zero. I hope for better next month.
Professor flintlock
28​
.32, Southern Mtn. Rifle – flint ,34 gr 3f, .319, .022 sail cloth w/tallow & beeswax lube. Green Mtn. bbl, small siler, Kane triggers.
Richard Dittman
14​
.50 TC Hawken
Russellshaffer
5​
.45 Jukar, .440, .015 patch, 50 gr Black MZ
Silky921
0​
.36, .350, pt patch – spit. 42” barrel

Pistol

Member​
Score​