• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

September 2016. Basic 5-shot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Back to basics this time. Plus you get an extra week to get 'er done. If you guys are as busy as I am this time of year you might need the extra time. :)

Take 5 Shots at the center of a standard 8.5" x 11" sheet of typing/printer paper with an X drawn thru the center at 25 yards. If you miss, do not try again. Misses count!

One target entry per member.

5 shots per target, hit or miss.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified.

No do-overs.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzleloading firearms (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock, matchlock or wheel lock ignition.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at the stated distance.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The center of the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each contestant's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your targets.

Mail your target postmarked by October 1, 2016 to;

Jim Green
P.O.Box 322
Pekin, IL 61555

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Be safe and have fun! :hatsoff:

Oh yeah, I'm warning you now, I'll be at another rendezvous when this one ends so I might be late scoring again. :surrender:

I had every intention of doing this today after shooting the September ALR Forum postal match, but wouldn't you know it, I had only 4 RB's left. :doh: September will be tight, but I'll get this done soon.

Ames said:
I'm in! :grin:
Of course, at that short distance, 5 shots may only show up as 4. Or 3 if I'm lucky. :wink:

Uh Oh! Now ya went and done it! They're gonna be all over the place now!

Good luck. :thumbsup:

I retired 3 1/2 years ago.... now I'm quitting work on 9/9/16. Soooooooooooooooooo I'm all in,if I can get out of bed before noon one day. :thumbsup:

Ames said:
I'm in! :grin:
Of course, at that short distance, 5 shots may only show up as 4. Or 3 if I'm lucky. :wink:
I might pull out the fusil and give it a try. I know I won't win, I truly hope after that statement you do win. It taint braggin' whence ya kain provetit.

I WAS going to shoot my target this afternoon, but tragedy has struck. Picking peppers for the farm stand, a bee decided it would be best if I left the peppers alone. She stung me in the corner of my eye. I've been up all night with it swollen shut, body covered in hives, heart rate racing. :cursing:
I'll give it a go when I can.
Ever hear of anyone getting MORE sensitive to bee stings over time? I thought it would lessen over time. As a bee keeper I get stung all the time but never like this.

Very sorry to hear of this, Ames. Hope you get well quickly! Don't know whether we become more sensitive to such things as we age, but I know those sensitivities definitely change as we get older.

I haven't shot for a couple of years so I jumping in on this one should be fun..............watch yer top knot.........

...I went out there with one eye closed up, basically tied behind my back at this point.

Just when I thought I'd heard every excuse... :idunno:
I hope it wasn't your shootin' eye.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Mad Irish Jack ODonnell said:
Jethro, :hmm: I kin vouch that ya'll was framed. I seen that picture once. Perty frame :wink:, picture.... :shake: not so much!

It's good to have friends that got my back. I guess. :hmm:
:haha:

Back