• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

senior citizen kentucky hunting license

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bore_butter

36 Cal.
Reaction score
for those who buy the Kentucky senior citizen sportsman hunting/fishing license for $5.00 come March they will cost $12.50 so get them now.

Not to sidetrack this topic but in Arizona the Game & Fish department will issue a Pioneer License to anyone who has lived in Arizona for 25 years and is 70 years old.

This Pioneer License is a full Hunting & Fishing license so the owner never needs to buy another one for the remainder of his/her life.

Of course, tags for deer hunts and the like still need to be bought if they are required for everyone else but squirrels, bunnys, coyotes and any other critter not needing special tags and drawings are fair game.
It also allows fishing State wide for any legal fish.

Applying for this was one of the first things I did after I reached 70. :)

NH is 68 (they hope you die before) but it is only for the basic you still have to pay for the extras. Moose, bear, turkey, pheasants, archery, and muzzleloading all need the PAID stamp.

50 years of paying Pittman/Robinson tax and not ONE public shooting range in NH. Bitter yes.

They sent me a survey on the subject a few years ago and I told them under no circumstances did I want rates raised on the folks who have supported kdfwr all these years.Told em a few other things they probly didnt want to hear too.They will loose alot of hunters and fishermen

In RI at 65 you can get a permanent hunting and fishing license for free. I have 33 days to go before I can get mine. Been paying for both for over 50 years and I am pumped. Talk about an incentive to keep living. 😀

Actually the Licenses have increased to 18.50 a year hunting or fishing. Combo is 30.00, round off. Add in a 5.00 trout stamp and a 7.00 salt water license it adds up quickly Next add deer and turkey tags, which I will pay for, no problem with that, z😀. In this state you don’t see a lot of people over 65 hunting either so I don’t think revenues will be hurting.

Hi Richard. It used to be that good almost, for those of us that live in Montana. As far as I know there's no tax money in our FWP, only license money but the goodbuys of yesterday are just that and it cost me about $88 to do what you do plus get an elk archery tag that I have never filled in 47 years.I can only say it doesn't make for cheap meat.

Michigan is stupid priced for fishing and hunting. one of the reasons why I am glad that I am a disabled veteran I pay $0 .00 for it.

Yes, the Ky increase is a hit. Moved here from NH 6 yrs ago, and their age seems like "planned obsolescence" when not as many will be afield. I will buy the Ky license and even pay for my wife's, even if she does not use all the tags. I look at it this way, if the numbers / sales drop, then they can say no one is buying them and eliminate it all together. Face it, wildlife departments are all about income and rising fees are a reality.

Back