• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WITHDRAWN removed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a BRAND NEW gun! I bought a brand new, complete, stock, and dropped in a Brand New, CVA Hawken barrel.

I used a .54cal 28" 15/16" CVA Hawken barrel, removed all factory stamping, and stamped my own 54 marking on the barrel.

This barrel is a deep groove 1:48 twist and is brand new! Never even had a cap through it.

Rifle weighs slightly under 8lbs.

So lets get to it...

Semi custom, Traditions Hawken Woodsman, .54cal - 1:48 twist, 28" long barrel, 15/16" across the flats. TOTW Hawken rear sight, german silver front sight, set in copper base. Double set triggers that I lightly polished before making the final adjustments. Lock is strong! Spitfire #11 nipple, Hickory ramrod. All of the screws on the under rib and the ramrod thimbles have a thin coating of blue loctite to ensure they do not loosen up. Nipple threads and Clean out screw are fully protected with silver anti seize. Barrel wedge key is tight. I browned the barrel with laurel mountain forge, as well as the rear sight and all screws on the stock.

This is the 4th Traditions that I swapped a CVA 54cal barrel onto, due to hunting regulations in my state, so yes, I know what I am doing LOL. These barrels are fantastic shooters out to 200 yards! Not a fussy barrel, they like a tight patched ball combo!

This is a beautiful big bore that will last some lucky fellow a lifetime!

Asking $625 shipped. NOW $575 shipped Won't find a better deal than this one! Brand new gun.
View attachment 155066
View attachment 155067
View attachment 155068
View attachment 155069
View attachment 155070
View attachment 155071
View attachment 155072
View attachment 155073
View attachment 155074
View attachment 155076
withdrawn

Last edited:
That is a nice looking rifle and the work you have done on it makes it a worthwhile rifle. I am actually really surprised it hasn't been bought. That browning looks great, and I am not a fan. But you can clearly see you did a good job on it. The defarb job is tight. I don't see the makers marks, or your filing, you cleaned it up good. That simple 54 as the only mark is pretty spiffy.

Those CVA and Traditions single key half stock rifles are pretty much compatible in all parts regardless of what name the factory has put to the gun. Seems just a minor hardware and stain difference is enough for them to make up a new name for the gun. :) Marketing

If I had need of a rifle in .54 I'd take it, but I already have a Renegade.

So here is a comment to put it back to the top.

That is a nice looking rifle and the work you have done on it makes it a worthwhile rifle. I am actually really surprised it hasn't been bought. That browning looks great, and I am not a fan. But you can clearly see you did a good job on it. The defarb job is tight. I don't see the makers marks, or your filing, you cleaned it up good. That simple 54 as the only mark is pretty spiffy.

Those CVA and Traditions single key half stock rifles are pretty much compatible in all parts regardless of what name the factory has put to the gun. Seems just a minor hardware and stain difference is enough for them to make up a new name for the gun. :) Marketing

If I had need of a rifle in .54 I'd take it, but I already have a Renegade.

So here is a comment to put it back to the top.
Theres quite a bit of a difference actually. The lock, trigger assembly, tang, position of the drum to hammer, wedge key location, all different from the cva hawken. I own them both and have part guns, was amazed how much difference there was. Traditions uses a super heavy duty main spring, where as cva, you can easily remove it with a pair of leatherman pliers lol.

$535 shipped, no less! This is only $35 more than a factory 50cal and I put a lot of work into that rifle to make someone a fine shooter. Can't get that, I'll hang it on my wall.

Back