• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

selling

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakie

32 Cal
Reaction score
I am new to this forum and have a question.
I have two yazel pistols and a ruger old army i wish to sell. posted an add in the for sale section. . I received a response from a member saying before i was bashed on forum i should read rules for selling, i wish to say thank you for your consideration.
When i went back to my add i found it had already been deleted.

I was told there could be only one gun per add unless listed as a lot. i listed the yazels as a pair and ruger alone , prices were listed.
Can anyone tell me why one gun per add? and sense all prices were listed , with a little math,does that not make them a lot?

Well, it would help you if you did read the rules before posting in the classifieds. It will keep you out of trouble.

The reason why one gun per add it that is the rules.

Second, you have to have 5 posts before posting in the classifieds, you only have 2 posts.

There has been a lot of scammers lately and members here are gun shy of newcomers.

Actually selling the Yazel percussion is a stretch as it is an inline which cannot be sold here.

You also have to have a picture with the date and your user name with an item for sale which you did not do.

As before read the rules, it will help you a bunch.

with a little math,does that not make them a lot?
A "lot" is when multiple items are sold as one unit for one price or a "make offer" cost for all items together.
(it is a "bargaining" method)
Kinda like; "look here, take all this stuff, as one sale/one trade".
If Any mention of an individual price for each item in a group photo is made, or if multiple photos are made with offer to purchase an individual item,,
It is then considered a multiple listing.
That's a basic barter commonality understood by many in a global manner.
Sell them all for one price, or list each one with it's own price.
I don't even have to speak the same language as another person in a barter to understand that,,

I know,, Darn,, that makes more work for the seller,, huh?

Why do newcomers come here and have to challenge the rules?

The rules are the rules, they were made for a reason.

Following the rules seems simple.

Obviously, they are not veterans.

Everyone has to learn. So mistakes are made, it's not like the end of the world. Why bust the guys A22 at least he came back and ask for corrections?

I am new to this forum and have a question.
I have two yazel pistols and a ruger old army i wish to sell. posted an add in the for sale section. . I received a response from a member saying before i was bashed on forum i should read rules for selling, i wish to say thank you for your consideration.
When i went back to my add i found it had already been deleted.

I was told there could be only one gun per add unless listed as a lot. i listed the yazels as a pair and ruger alone , prices were listed.
Can anyone tell me why one gun per add? and sense all prices were listed , with a little math,does that not make them a lot?

Thanks for supporting the forum. I see that on your avatar info. :thumb:

Yes you need to be a member for 14 days before posting an ad..., and have made five posts between the date you joined and the date you post an ad... OR in your case as a supporting member you can post at any time. Once upon a time only supporting members could post an ad for sale of something.

One of the pistols was an inline, and those are prohibited..., but the flintlock version in the second pistol was fine...

For a "lot" sale it's one single price takes everything in the photos. So for example one member sold a bunch of back issues of Muzzleloader magazine, it was one price for all of them, no single sales of issues. So...so by posting prices for different groupings, that makes it several different items for sale on one ad. NOW you can post what you are valuing each item at..., so you can post something akin to, "each of these [fill in name of items] normally goes for X dolalrs, but I'm asking Y dollars for both" (or all) and that's fine..., just don't turn around and sell them separate. ;)

LD

Back