• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Selling a flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyoc20

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have a Thompson center arms Pennsylvania 50 cal that I am looking to get rid off. A flintlock does not require an FFL correct? What’s the best way to sell a flintlock?

Does not require a Federal FFL, but some “woke” States and even some Cities require a muzzleloader be shipped to a FFL. Ask your buyer to get that information to you before you ship.
Posting here on this forum is probably your best bet.
Thanks for the response. I’m hoping to sell it locally if possible

Tell us all about the condition and history on it.It would make great company to my Carbine.

My dad got it for me 20 years ago but I never really got into flintlock. It’s in great shape never been fired and has been in the gun safe the entire time. No scratches or anything like it. It’s a 50cal.

If the rifle is legal to ship in your state, you can't be responsible for someone taking(or attempting to take) delivery in a state where it is different. The buyer should know the rules of his area and tell you how to make him/her legal to receive it.

The best way to sell a flintlock or caplock is to place an ad.

Latest posts

Back