• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

selling a flintlock,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
just curious, I see used guns for sale on track of the wolf and other sites. they ask a premium for them. they will buy your guns, do these company's give the seller a fair price? or do they low ball you?

You can sell you guns to Track or you can sell them on consignment. Either way, your share will likely be about the same. Track charges a consignment fee that may be negotiable but usually is about 25% of the sale price. This is probably about the same as the margin they make on the rest of the stuff they sale and helps to offset their overhead and provide some profit. I think that is fair. They have the expertise, know the market, take the photos, write the description, and have the eyeballs or traffic coming to their site.

There are other options where the fee isn't so large, like Gunbroker, but there you have to research the market to see where to price your gun. You have to take the pictures and post them. And you have to write and accurate and engaging description to help close the deal.

Keep in mind that what they ask for a selling price is many times NOT what they get. I've never paid full price for any of the several guns I've purchased from ToTW. They even give instructions for how a buyer can make an offer (not the amount, just the process), so it's no secret. So, you may think they "low ball" what they give you or that the original 25% to 30% M/U you see on your rifle above what they paid you is excessive, but in all likelihood, they won't get that much.

Keep in mind that what they ask for a selling price is many times NOT what they get. I've never paid full price for any of the several guns I've purchased from ToTW. They even give instructions for how a buyer can make an offer (not the amount, just the process), so it's no secret. So, you may think they "low ball" what they give you or that the original 25% to 30% M/U you see on your rifle above what they paid you is excessive, but in all likelihood, they won't get that much.
And where can on find that make an offer information on ToTW? I'm looking everywhere and can't find it.

And where can on find that make an offer information on ToTW? I'm looking everywhere and can't find it.

Well...😳...it doesn't seem to be there anymore. So, I'll pass along the process. Put the firearm into your cart. It will go in at the full asking price. If you have other items you want, add them to the cart. Go to checkout. When you get to the box where you can type in comments, simply put in the statement: I am making a firm offer of $$$$$ on item XXX-XXXX and submit, your order, which will show the asking price. Your CC won't be charged yet. When they review your order, they will review the offer and decide if they will accept it or not. If they accept it, they will reduce the price to your offer amount and that's all you'll be charged for it. Your order will process. If they reject your offer, you won't hear anything (at least that's the way it was on one gun that they rejected my offer on.) I only found out it was rejected because when I heard nothing and checked back online it had changed from Sale Pending back to being for sale. I think that's kind of crappy they don't let you know, but that's the way it is (or at least was).

As a side note, if you had other things on the order along with a gun you're offering less for, I would recommend also commenting on what you want them to do with the other items in your cart if the offer is rejected (ie: ship items A,B,C and cancel D,E,F, or whatever).

think I will list it tomorrow sometime. it is my signed "Steve Zihn" jaeger, 62 cal.. it is a real beauty. it is just to much gun for me. I hate to let it go, I haven't even worked up a load for it. I don't shoot it so I will let it go and get another smaller cal. gun, a couple of photos,,,,
jaeger (9).JPG
jaeger (15).JPG
jaeger (14).JPG
jaeger (20).JPG
jaeger (12).JPG

Find a local sell it type web page where youre just posting an ad, just like selling a car. Then when it sells, all the profit is yours.

Just beware not all of those U sell it type sites allow firearms sales so you will have to find one that doesnt care or is strictly gun related to start with.

Back