• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Selb Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLD090646

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Looking for Selb Hawken, Right Hand, half stock, percussion. Prefer .54 caliber but that's not set in stone. Barrell straight or tapered.
Anyone have one they want to give up?

Thanks guys.

I'm right-handed so the lefty wouldn't work for me. I looked at Mr. Selb's web site, but it looks like all of his "offerings" are sold.

Keep an eye on Track of the Wolf's site. Some nice examples have been showing up. Even though it may say "Sale Pending" keep checking back because some of them show back up for sale.

Also, if you go to Brant Selb's site click down to "Available Now" under offerings. There is one there now. He didn't make it, but he provides good info on it.

Lefties:

Left-handed rifles are also available in some configurations. Basically the same gun as a right-hander, except backwards.
© 2022 W.B. Selb
Website created by Jordan Selb

Yes, I am. I'm not in any big hurry but thought that I would put out feelers and see if anyone had ne to sell.

I've got one. Going up to the Hawken Festival at Boone's house just north of St. Louis. End of this month. Then will be across the river in my old hometown, Maryville for the afternoon.
PM if interested.

Mike,

I knew the person you are getting your new Hawken from only by name. What does he do/have that makes his Hawkens so much more expensive?

Robert

He's a stickler for the most minute detail & will not deviate from what was done back then. Can also provide the patent breech which I'm looking forward to. Also does a fine job of antiquing them. And they are a bit less chunky than some examples. More slender.
Mike

I would have thought that a Patent Breech would be the common type used now days. The only other way to access the nipple chamber would be to drill the opposite side of the barrel directly into the chamber and then plug the drilled hole with a screw. Not my idea of the best way but I have seen it done. Am I missing something?

Latest posts

Back