• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Seems like a good deal? Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning,

Just thought it might benefit someone so figured I’d mention.
There’s a pedersoli Missouri River Hawken for sale on GB in walnut and .50 cal, priced pretty darned fair if you ask me, considering what they cost new.
I inquired about it, and communicated with the seller via email, because at the time he had no photos or info on bore condition. He’s since edited the listing.
I think I’m going to stick to another kit gun of some kind, but thought maybe someone on here would appreciate knowing of the sale.

-Ben

Looks like a very good deal, but is 1:24 twist correct? That seems fast...

David
NM
Yep, from what i know the Missouri River is the faster twist, mainly for conicals and bullets. While the Rocky Mountain version has the slower twist for patched ball.
I’ve read where guys do fine with round ball out of the pedersoli 1:24 barrels with light loads, but don’t have any experience with it personally.
They make one of their “jaeger” rifles with a 1:24 as well. I just completed one from a kit, but might wind up moving it down the road to fund another kit. I’ve got the kit finishing itch bad right now, lol.
Anyways point being, I sought out that faster twist with the intention of using it for hunting and shooting conicals

That is a great price. This rifle is really high on my want list. Funny, I never see these deals when I have the money. Lol.

Back