• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Seeking Affordable 1819 Hall Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qes1984

32 Cal
Reaction score
Greetings!

I'm seeking to purchase a Hall Rifle in flintlock.

I should mention I am in Canada but flintlock rifles are not considered firearms in Canada so shipping should be no problem.

Not looking to spend a lot but it should be in flintlock (re-conversions are okay).

Thanks for viewing this.
Sorry admins if this post isn't allowed.

Thanks again, be well!

Best Regards,
Kevin H.

What is your definition of "affordable" because a Hall rifle in flintlock configuration is a big-ticket item?

Hi Steved,
Someone on the forums with half a dozen or so Hall rifles said I could get an okay condition one for around 1800 if I'm patient.
(For a reconversion)

Thanks for your post :)
Cheers!

1800 for a percussion Hall seems in the ballpark. I'm guessing an original flintlock would be in the high 2000s or more.

1800 for a percussion Hall seems in the ballpark. I'm guessing an original flintlock would be in the high 2000s or more.
I agree! But many/most percs are converts, whereas those originally-issued as a percussion are worth much more.

If you are going to shoot it, the condition of the bore, fit of the breech block and integrity of wood around the action are paramount.

If I were going to shoot one ‘a lot’, I would buy a replacement wood stock from The Rifle Shoppe or other stock supplier.

Hi flint62smoothie and Steved,

I'm not sure I would fire one, I was hoping get one to use as a guide to build a fireable one from the rifle shoppe parts.

Someone has reached out with one, perhaps I can post photos here and get some advice?

Thanks so much!
Be well :)

I shoot my original Hall rifle (percussion) and it's a totally cool experience. Search YouTube for "shooting a Hall rifle" and you will see mine in action.

Latest posts

Back