• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

see'd an Encon officer today,,well..2..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
they pulled up jus as lil bro an I were gonna leave fer home,,,asked how it went, we asked where the deer were, talked abit about an 8 pt a guy got...then................ "well guys, lets check make sure yer guns is unloaded" lil bro was standin outside the truck I was inside..so very carefully slid the Stroh 50 flinter, butt first out to the officer.....
:rotf: :rotf: ...... :shocked2: well you shoulda seen his eyes light up! other guy got out come round alookin....and they was impressed ..evidently hadn't come crossed many...they loved it !! actually excited!! :hatsoff: .........ya know..they never did check lil bro's gun,,,, :rotf: Made my an lil bro's day! :grin:

:grin: I went through a similar thing on the Island. A CO had never seen a flinter up close and thought it was the coolest thing. I had to school him on whats considered loaded and unloaded of which he confirmed with a call to dispatch. :rotf: :thumbsup:

RC said:
they pulled up jus as lil bro an I were gonna leave fer home,,,asked how it went, we asked where the deer were, talked abit about an 8 pt a guy got...then................ "well guys, lets check make sure yer guns is unloaded" lil bro was standin outside the truck I was inside..so very carefully slid the Stroh 50 flinter, butt first out to the officer.....
:rotf: :rotf: ...... :shocked2: well you shoulda seen his eyes light up! other guy got out come round alookin....and they was impressed ..evidently hadn't come crossed many...they loved it !! actually excited!! :hatsoff: .........ya know..they never did check lil bro's gun,,,, :rotf: Made my an lil bro's day! :grin:
:) Bet they've retold about that stop a couple times now...and wouldn't it have been great if you'd had a couple deer.

Actually RC you bring up a great question for a thread. I'm sure many of us have had humorous or strange encounters while carrying a flintlock. :thumbsup:

When I first went deer hunting with a flintlock 6 years ago I went on my Father-in-laws land. In Illinois muzzleloaders can hunt the second shotgun season (no centerfire rifles). As I went out that 2nd season I ran into some shotgunners. They laughed as they watched me load it, especially when priming the pan. Although they laughed, I knew they were in awe. The next night out they showed up 1/2 hour before hunting ended for the day. I was walking back to the truck to drive it back to get a doe I just got done gutting. They laughed when they saw me coming up, but when they saw my bloodied knife they stopped and then asked if they could help, which I took them up on that.

:grin: :thumbsup:
Ya shoulda invited 'em to come over and shoot with ya sometime. Never hurts to make friends with 'em. :wink:
I bet they're still talkin' about that to all their buddy officers.

Back