• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Searching for plan of a f18th C folding Camp bed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ At the first event I ever went to, there was this guy that was 250 lbs or better. He was the “Sergeant” for the Army Contingent of the event. His Tent was huge and while he was putting that style of rack together, I asked if that “thing” was strong enough. That night we had a storm come through. It swamped nearly everything and everyone! So we are dragging stuff out and hanging stuff up to dry. This big Sergeant walks up to me and looked me dead in the eye and then pointed at me…and said, “Man, you jinxed me! I thought I was good right until my rack broke and dumped me!” I have since learned to keep my mouth shut, cuz if it can happen it will happen. My point is this dude was big, so I would not hesitate sleeping on one of those. Right now I’m still on the ground, but I have been looking at gaining a lil elevation lately.

RM

Check out book of buckskining #2. They have a Revolutionary folding cot in there.
I’m at work now will see if I can remember to snap some photos of it
I had a friend who switched from WTBS to buckskinning and he made one.
He had a generic wedge tent. And his bed was four inches too long for the tent.
So he split it in the middle and added two feet. Otherwise remained the same.
It was too tall and had fires but he generally referred to it as his pup tent.
So of course the kind caring folk buckskiners are called it tge weenie dog
He soon picked up Dash as a name( short for dachshund)

Surplus military cot,sturdy,folds up compact,easy to set up and tear down, been using one for years I am 6-3 tall and go 245 on the hoof. never had a problem, they allow for storage space under them and with a canvas covered foam matress pretty comfortable, you let a period type blanket hang over the edges and no one knows the difference. Even in a 9 ft. wedge tent if the wife goes along 2 of them allows plenty of space.

Check out book of buckskining #2. They have a Revolutionary folding cot in there.
Have made 2 folding cots from that pattern. Seem to recall that there might have been a dimensional error in those plans. Shortened them to fit in a regular mini-van; we are short.

My thanks to all. I think the Book of Buckskinning II revolutionary folding cot would suit my needs.

Back