• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Search for Trade Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy this could go off on another tangent. Sound energy can be recorded, and animals react to sound energy. We don't know not can we prove what goes on in an animals head, I think it's sound for an animal, but we can't prove it . The recording of sound energy it only becomes sound after we hear it.
Neck knifes are another one of those things that I wouldn't use. Tucked in a shirt it's easier for me to grab a belt knife, outside the shirt it's in my way. Still some people like them, but I know of only one painting showing them. They don't show up in lots of paintings even if it's more then one, so I suspect they are more common today then then. We do however reinact a person living in the past, not people living in the past. That person may have wanted a neck knife, a sling, and heard a tree falling in the woods.

The recording of sound energy it only becomes sound after we hear it.

Illogical!

Sound is a physical energy wave. you do not need ears to experience it.

It can be perceived using your other senses.

Think about S.O.N.A.R.

Because sound is a physical wave we can create machines to measure it and create it.

Illogical.....you are arguing about the production of sound based on one method of perception and detection.

If sound cannot be produced without hearing it the I ask you have you ever heard a deaf person yell?

Sound is physical energy......for it not to exist the forest would have to be in a vacuum.

Consider this....sound is how we communicate....we speak to each other using our voices.
Yet I am speaking to you right now without making any sound. :hmm:

Look it up, sound is our perception of energy. It's an artifact of our senses. Fish pick up sound energy along thier sides they don't "hear " anything, we turn air vibrations in to sound in our brain via our ears. This page that you are reading is noting but electrons though a binary switch . It has no thought but it carried my thoughts to you. A recording is naught but information stored in some sort of medium fro wax cylinders to electronics. There is no sound in the record just info vibrating a speaker.that sends out sound energy waves through the air. It only becomes sound inside your head. You can feel lots of sound energy that oother type of animals can "hear" . Lots of sound energy can't be heard by anything on earth. We do build some recorders that pick it up, some Chang the recordings in to a noise we can hear. We can make a sound out of it.. But the sound is what goes on in your head.

colorado clyde said:
Hot dang! I think we have reached a consensus.
And with that happy note (and the topic venturing off into a philosophical debate about trees falling and making a sound), I'm closing this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back