• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Scrimshawed Powder Horn $200

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I finished making this scrimshawed Powder Horn today and am offering it for $200 shipped to you in the lower 48.
It measured 11.25" from spout tip to base plug. The plug is old pine which is pegged in, and I forged a staple from an old nail for it.
The base measures 3" across and 2" high and can wear on the left or right.
Postal Money Order or PayPal Friends and Family are best.
Attached are several photos.

Attachments

• Horn 13_b.jpg
    Horn 13_b.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 241
  • Horn 13_a.jpg
    Horn 13_a.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 234
  • Horn 13_c.jpg
    Horn 13_c.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 215
  • Horn 13_d.jpg
    Horn 13_d.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 212
  • Horn 13_e.jpg
    Horn 13_e.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 208
  • Horn 13_f.jpg
    Horn 13_f.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 190
Hi everyone,
I finished making this scrimshawed Powder Horn today and am offering it for $200 shipped to you in the lower 48.
It measured 11.25" from spout tip to base plug. The plug is old pine which is pegged in, and I forged a staple from an old nail for it.
The base measures 3" across and 2" high and can wear on the left or right.
Postal Money Order or PayPal Friends and Family are best.
Attached are several photos.
your horns are fabulous

I know you sold it, but did you stain the darker part that is the spout? Or, by cutting it down, a naturally darker horn appeared? And what kind of horn was it, if I can ask?
Hoping I’m not off base here

I know you sold it, but did you stain the darker part that is the spout? Or, by cutting it down, a naturally darker horn appeared? And what kind of horn was it, if I can ask?
Hoping I’m not off base here
Hi/ it is just a cow horn. The spout area I dyed to achieve that color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back