• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED screws?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need a source for plain steel #6 and #8 wood screws (oval head, slotted). Trying to fine them at Horrible Depot won't fly. Anyone have enough to sell me a few I'd be happy to accomodate that idea.

iI bought a file cabinet,,full of gun parts,,yup,,it has taken me 3 years to sift threw it and separate into bags..springs screws..hammers,,side plates,, double barrel parts,,some stocks,,barrels,,its was a car load ,,traded for a set of snap-on wrenchs,,i,m not sure where your mussel loading black powder line is,,mine was at flintlocks,,it moved to cap locks,,than to blackpowder guns in general,,which ran me up into early double barrels1915,sharps,trapdoors,the gun i missed at auction was the black powder change over to white where the barrel said black powder only,,ya ,,you know..i thought it was Spanish or Italian...nope its was American change over to white powder.lever action 45 70..kick my self for getting out at 380....so ,,talked enough..if ya need a part you cant find and i have its yours ,,no dealers,,been to a couple of supposed smiths..unhappy day everytime,,its easyer and more pleasant to deal with brothers,,so like i said if you need a part you cant find send me a pic for me to check my pile ..i,m not fast so if your in a rush do ebay,,jef

so wat,, nobody needs a a double barrel part,,or a sw top break pistol part,,i,m old,,so ..its getting to where i dont care,,, so instead of steppin on it,,the trash bag is close,,,,trust me on this,,

I need a source for plain steel #6 and #8 wood screws (oval head, slotted). Trying to fine them at Horrible Depot won't fly. Anyone have enough to sell me a few I'd be happy to accomodate that idea.
what length are you needing?

Bolt depot .com is a good seller as is lightingstainless on ebay they both carry many items not found at any of the big box or chain hardwares.

My local Ace , A big one , only carries Phillips head. Thanks for the tip about burning off the plating.
John
You might want to hold your breath while burning off plating. Or use a respirator. Often, those fumes are quite toxic (e.g., zinc). Besides, an easier way to remove at least a galvanized plating is just to stick them in a jar of white vinegar over night. A lot of people use muriatic acid, but vinegar has always worked well for me and is both cheap, easily available, safe, and easy to work with.

I agree that it's seriously annoying that "hardware" stores don't carry anywhere near a full range of hardware (especially screws in smaller sizes with hex, Torx, square, etc. heads).

Dixie Gun has an assortment 25 for 4.99 plus shipping, I'll post more when they show up.

Back